RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm thinking about adding these to my inventory as an add on with the Android units. I've ordered a sample pair from my supplier so I will update you guys after I have them installed and tested.

$475 plus shipping would be the price that I list these for on my website...per pair.

Let me know if you guys would be interested.

·
Registered
2011 Range Rover l322 SC. 2016 Range Rover L405 TD6, 2019 Range Rover L405 TD6
21 Posts
Ray, I would certainly be interested. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The units come with 2 different power cables...one just plugs into the cigar lighter socket and the other is for hard wiring. I'm using the cigar lighter socket for now until I have time to hard wire them. The screens seem to be just basic Android tablets with the Land Rover boot up and splash screen...perfect to keep your kid busy in the backseat on a long drive. I connect them to my portable hotspot for internet access.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have them hard wired now. It's a very simple install...route the power cable down through the back of the seat and only 4 screws and a few clips to remove the rear AC control panel from the center console...I just spliced into the power wires behind the cigar lighter sockets.

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you have the RSE in the head rests can you just Disconnect those and wire these up to those stock inputs and power feed and get the exact same OEM functionality out of the bigger screen? I’d consider these for the bigger screen and mount them overtop of the RSE screens. The larger screen was one of the things I really wanted but I didn’t like the look/body of the LWB

Are these HD resolution? Better than oem?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Can you show me where the cable enters the seat back at the top, please? Or does it enter below the tablet into the plastic part of the seat? I have done that with my iPad solution, and beware, the leather in time gets a permanent imprint of the cable.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you have the RSE in the head rests can you just Disconnect those and wire these up to those stock inputs and power feed and get the exact same OEM functionality out of the bigger screen? I’d consider these for the bigger screen and mount them overtop of the RSE screens. The larger screen was one of the things I really wanted but I didn’t like the look/body of the LWB

Are these HD resolution? Better than oem?
The Android RSE tablets do have video input so I guess it's possible to take the video signal from the factory RSE screens if you know what you're doing...or maybe take it to a professional to have it done. I'm using PLEX on mine and it does just fine for my kid. I also have the YouTube kids app on them so that's way more than enough to keep him busy during long drives. The Android screens are 1080P and definitely higher resolution than the OEM RSE screens.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you show me where the cable enters the seat back at the top, please? Or does it enter below the tablet into the plastic part of the seat? I have done that with my iPad solution, and beware, the leather in time gets a permanent imprint of the cable.
I have the cable entering below the tablet into the plastic part of the seat for now and I haven't decided if I want to go through the hassle of running it through the leather under the headrest

·
Registered
117 Posts
The OEMs are clumsy and by far not as versatile as the Android ones (or iPads, for that matter). I don't know why anyone would still pay nearly $2000 (or whatever they cost in the respective countries) for the OEMs....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts