Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to have to do something nice for the truck. Turned 100k on a trip to so AZ on the I10 just east of Willcox. Just humming along.

Speedometer Vehicle Odometer Car Gauge
Speedometer Odometer Motor vehicle Vehicle Gauge

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did just do both belts, so that is one nice things for the vehicle. Thinking I will detail it this weekend. Always good thinking time

• Haha
Reactions: Ham Hands

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I did just do both belts, so that is one nice things for the vehicle. Thinking I will detail it this weekend. Always good thinking time
That is awesome that you had both Timing Belts replaced and everything buttoned back up nice and timely...

My "Other Girl" needs a complete detail job as well with special attention to the 22" rims... Rovers just seem to drive even better than normal when they are cleaned well especially when they receive; "The Kids Glove(s)" treatment!

DieselD... when was the last time you changed the front & rear differential's fluid... the Transfer Case and the Tranny's fluid? I seem to remember you actually did some or all the aforementioned components yourself from memory. That fluid swap does wonders for longevity and for making the Rover smooth out and run silky smooth drive-train wise for sure like the way she did coming off the lot for that first trip home!

-Hams

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All fluids were changed except for one my indie said was difficult. Thinking it was one of the diffs. Asked the shop to change all fluids they could. We did a water pump with the belts. Charge was just for the pump. I think I have it refreshed now.

Drove it to Willcox, AZ for PCA DE weekend where it turned the 100k. Then 2 weekends ago did a run from Scottsdale to Vegas/Parhumph to flag the Radical world championship race. On Sunday on my way to the track got a “not enough DEF” warning. Decided to drive it all the way back to Scottsdale and not fill it. That worked, but after putting in the Land Rover approved AdBlue, have the dreaded ”no starts in ??? miles due to DEF quality”. Can’t win right now. Wondering whether running it low did the trick with the warning.

Will take it to the indie shop that fixed that issue before on Monday. Of course it had to happen on a long holiday weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts