RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As titled, I just passed the 100,000 mile mark on my RRS SC.
I wanted to document just a bit of the experience and maintenance for anyone else who is looking at buying this model and has the same maintenance concerns that still haunt the brand.
Bottom Line up Front: I have been really impressed at the build quality of this [jaguar] generation or Rover. there are things that bother me about it (leg room in the back, poor lighting, no music BlueTooth...) but some of those are overcome with add ons and others are just design flaws, not maintenance issues.

In the 3 years and 40k miles that I've had the truck, I had three (maybe 4?) non-routine maintenance issues, 2 of them were covered by the warranty.
1) water pump - the pulley came loose and nearly broke free. repair cost covered under extended warranty.
2) passenger door lock stopped working. solenoid replaced...back in action. not expensive, but annoying
3) rear windshield wiper motor died. This was under the extended warranty I bought.
4) front half shaft was loose and needed to be replaced. out of pocket, maybe $500 or so? don't really remember.

I feel pretty good about those being the only issues on this amazing vehicle. In the 40K I've owned it, I towed a heavy camper trailer around for two years. I lived in Alaska and tackled some rough roads and a LOT of snow. I moved to Pennsylvania now where it's my daily driver and commute to work vehicle. it's incredibly comfortable, powerful, and still looks amazing when I've got it cleaned and waxed.

Picking up a used RRS SC is not a financial stretch. many are well under $30k. Tires and brakes will cost you money. Also, the service intervals are typically around $1000 depending on what's required, but "fluid and rubber is chaper than metal" is my belief here, so I pay it and feel good knowing I'm extending the life of my truck.

I've enjoyed the truck, enjoyed learning about rovers and little upgrades on this forum, and hope many other drivers get the same reliable longevity I've gotten. (he typed, realizing he'd just jinxed his good fortune....)

safe R 20160129_154156~3.jpg oving...

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
14 Posts
I just bought a 2009 with 205,000 kilometres on it. Rides like a new one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts