Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$100 PayPal Reward to anyone who can correctly tell me what this headlight goes to.

I purchased this headlamp off eBay without realizing that it only had a single wire harness as opposed to my '04 with two.

It would appear to be an '03-05 RH Range Rover head lamp assembly.

The unit says US-XEN with part number XBC000348 and a DOM of 12/23/2004.

Unfortunately, neither Land Rover NA or any dealer has been able to tell me.

Help!!!

Headlamp Light Automotive lighting Auto part Rim
Technology Electronics
Electronics Camera Cameras & optics Audio equipment Technology
Label

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
Re: $100 PayPal Reward to anyone who can correctly tell me what this headlight goes t

If it is of any help the ballast is a Bosch Gen II for 03-05 xenons. If it was initial run instead of replacement part production it would be for an 05 NAS spec, right hand side. According to RAVE there is only one plug.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
Re: $100 PayPal Reward to anyone who can correctly tell me what this headlight goes t

Would the second plug be for the automatic headlight leveling if fitted?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I do not know if the second is for leveling. I will look into it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Ok, so you are saying that this is a RF North America Spec bi-xeon headlamp assembly. I have rave but did not check. I will now. Do you know what page?

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts

I Checked the wiring diagram in the ETM of RAVE first then double checked the connector pinout for the C0011 you have pictured. As RAVE shows photos for all connector locations the photo for C0011 also shows the area above it as blanked. The long and short is that what you have pictured matches what is in the RAVE ETM for NAS right hand lighting and the Balast you have pictured matched NAS for 2003-2005.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
887 Posts

I also have an '04, and it looks just like mine. I thought the levelling feature was standard on all Xenons...

John

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts

I thought the levelling feature was standard on all Xenons...
Oh it most likely is. My L322 knowledge is not nearly as detailed as I would like. :oops:

·
Registered
11 Posts

There is no leveling feature on the NAS '05. That's what my 05 headlight looks like. I just changed the ballast a few months ago.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
228 Posts

This is a right hand Xenon unit for an 03-05 L322 NA Market without leveling or active headlights.

·
Registered
138 Posts

This is a right hand Xenon unit for an 03-05 L322 NA Market without leveling or active headlights.
So there ARE some out there without leveling? Mine is a late build '03 and I have leveling. I don't believe any NA market '03 to '05s had active.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

To confirm, I am going to unplug the small wire harness on my 04 and see if I get any errors related to active lights or leveling...I will repost with the results.

·
Registered
126 Posts

Some of the vehicles don't have the self-leveling wiring. My UK spec. '04 Vogue does not have this feature.

I've just replaced the off-side headlight with one from e-bay. The e-bay headlight had the 2nd connector which is connected to a leveling motor in the headlight, and the one that came off the car didn't - just like the picture of your headlight. It has the moulding where the connector should fit [next to the ballast module], although this is just a blank.

I've fitted the new headlight, blocked up the 2nd connector to prevent water getting in, and it all works fine - no warnings [mind you, it wouldn't be expecting anything as there is no wiring harness]. I don't know what would happen if you tried to fit the headlight when the wiring was expecting the 2nd connector.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

If you do not mind me asking, what did you pay for your new light assembly.

·
Registered
126 Posts

I'd been tracking the prices for a couple of weeks. Most had a reserve set at or above £50, although some failed to reach this level and were bid up to aroound £35. Some people still trying to get £90-£100, although that seems overpriced now. Someone trying for £245!

I paid £50 [plus postage] for one, but it included the wipermotor, wiper-arm and trim pieces that I needed.

I needed it because I kept getting the xenon going out. Changing the balast module made no difference, so I assumed it was the igniter inside the headlight, and it was easier to change the whole light than take it apart to change the igniter. Changing the light fixed the problem.

·
Registered
138 Posts

Wow, what an awful design to have the ignitor INSIDE the light housing itself. When I had that problem on my E38 BMW I just replaced the ballast which also contained the ignitor. I think I paid 75 for the ballast though, so it wasn't really much of a cost difference.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Sending $50.00 to RRToadHall for:

• RRToadHall
    Would the second plug be for the automatic headlight leveling if fitted?​
  • August 13th, 2012, 12:53 PM
    RRToadHall
    If it is of any help the ballast is a Bosch Gen II for 03-05 xenons. If it was initial run instead of replacement part production it would be for an 05 NAS spec, right hand side. According to RAVE there is only one plug.

And $50.00 to gyrogypsy for:

gyrogypsy

Thanks for all your help!​

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts

well hot diggity!! :thumb:

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts

I thought I would pass on a bit of info that shows what a terrific community we have. Monies from this posts "reward" were matched by a few other members and a donation of $600 was made to the local foodbank. It's always great to see the generosity and compasion that comes from folks helping others.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts