RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport, 2013 Range Rover Supercharged
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, About a month and 1,000 miles ago I got a P0430 code so I decided to put in some BG44K and clear the code with my code reader. The code has not returned but I have been getting an intermittent rough idle, especially with the AC on. It has happened about 4 times now and it feels like the car is going to stall and then the revs kick back up, almost feels like a misfire but I don't have any codes. Do these symptoms sound like it could be related to that P0430 code?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
844 Posts
Rough idle is many times caused by dirty throttle body. Usually fixed with a good cleaning with sensor safe cleaner , a tooth brush and soft cloth.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
It would be useful to know what your long term fuel trims are: P0430 refers to bad readings off the the O2 sensor, but are normally some other fault. Might check the exhaust for leaks. Still, if it cleaned up with BG44K, I would clean the throttle plate and bore (as noted in 2 above); clean the MAF sensors; check for leaks along the air flow ducts from the air cleaners to the throttle body; change the fuel filter; assumes your air filters are clean.But fuel trims are most reliable diagnostic.In an earlier thread, fuel trim issues, a Youtube video on using fuel trims for diagnosis was exceptionally good:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WnM_NsOtd8

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport, 2013 Range Rover Supercharged
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys, thanks for the replies. I ended up having a small coolant leak and had to take it in to a shop close to my house. I told him about the rough idle and he couldn't find anything and told me that the coolant could've been dripping onto the spark plugs. Not sure if that makes sense but it hasn't happened again. The vehicle has 119,000 miles on it and I had the throttle body cleaned at around 95,000 miles so maybe I should look into having that done again just incase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts