RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have posted a few of these already in random posts, but here's the skinny in one place:
i used to drive discovery's, but haven't been in a LR for 7 years, i am very glad to be back.
of course, this is all my humble opinion -

1) the look and styling are simply the best on the road - and even here in norcal i have yet to see one other santorini black '10 on the road - have seen one or two others in other colors, and am sure there will be more to come - but i love the distinction of this truck and really like it compared to the '06-'09's as well.

2) every time i get in i am amazed by the LUX of it all - very sweet, comfy, high end, refined, and all that other stuff that's been mentioned here. ebony LUX package with black laquer, now mind you, i spent the last 7 years beating up a 2002 ford f150 supercrew with cloth seats, so i'm pretty easy to please - but it's hard to argue the looks and feel of the inside - it pained me to put my daughter's carseat in (with a good seat protector) but alas, she made me! front to back, the inside is topnotch

3) the drive is very smooth and it seems to really respond well to my style of driving - which can sometimes be casual and other times, aggressive. it seems like when i lay back, it lays back, but when i power up and push her she responds quite well. i'm not a big sportscar guy, so i don't have a lot of comparisons, but it is more than enough car for me and responds well to everything i've put it through. i am more than satisfied with the acceleration, handling, and braking.

4) i have yet to hit the offroad in the past 2 weeks, but as a previous LR owner, i know i won't be disappointed. although the 20's and low profile tires worry me a tad - but were i go, it should be fine. my major rock hopping days are gone (at least for the moment).

5) i've never driven on 20's before, and yeah, you can feel the road a lot more than the old 17's i used to ride on - but it is in no way a distraction or a negative in any way - the looks are sweet and the ride is pretty darn smooth.

6) nav - so far so good - i haven't had any nav gremlins at all with the exception of the voice and language guidance which appears to revert back to UK english on screen and US english on voice no matter how i try to change it - i guess this is an issue addressed with a system upgrade i have obviously not had - it doesn't bug me, but i might go get it updated

7) phone - sync with the iphone has been fine - one time it could not find the phone - a simple restart of both machines remedied the situation. calls have been fine, incoming and outgoing - there was one case where the system put the phone on mute and the party on the other end could not hear me - weird, but not a major issue

8) audio/sat - works great - had sirius up from day one cause i can't live without howard stern - the quality is good with sat, better with ipod, and best with CD - as would be expected. no gremlins there - except everytime i restart the car it puts the sat screen back on preset 2 instead of where it was when i turned it off. it keeps the channel the same, but the screen is different - again - odd and annoying, but not too troubling.

9) cameras - very cool all around - i've got the 5 cams - really more of a novelty and fun to show the friends, but with exception of the rear back up one, i don't really see any use for them other than to go "hey look, ain't that cool" i did have one glitch where 4 of the 5 cameras would not display anything but a blue screen - but again, next time i powered her up, problem was fixed. seems like a fine solution for pretty much all computer problems. restart.

let's see, that's about it for now - i am definitely digging the new ride and am looking forward to putting it through the paces over the next years ahead. oh yeah, and the gas mileage is ridiculous - but i knew that, and again, am used to an old F150 so it's all relative. everyone who sees the truck or rides in it is duly impressed, which of course is nice, but more importantly than that - so am i!

thanks for listening - let's hope the good posts keep on comin'

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,468 Posts
Nice write up...seems like you hit all the issues squarely on the head.

So...no Hollister OHV for you on the 20's then I guess!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
PJPR01 said:
Nice write up...seems like you hit all the issues squarely on the head.

So...no Hollister OHV for you on the 20's then I guess!
I will give it a 9 out of 10 only because the shift/caps key was not hit once in the entire post :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aww come on, i count at least 15 capital letters - each requiring a strenuous push of the shift key - that was a lot of extra work for me...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Glad to hear you are having a good experience with your new ride. I truly wish I could say the same. Could you share the manufacture date of your vehicle? Would like to see what batch it came from? Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts