RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cruising the FFRR groups and found a thread referencing this:

In the pic I see some MOST plugs/terminators and a few other interesting bits. It says it's compatible with the canbus but no idea if this is truly MOST or MOST/HSCAN compatible and retains the integrated vehicle features.

Who wants to be a crash test dummy and try this?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would look for a later version of Android, my Eonon Android radio is version 8.1. They don't list Range Rovers on their site, but the 2003-2005 take the BMW E39 radio.
Is Android 5 outdated?
Android Lollipop 5.0 (and older) has long since stopped getting security updates, and more recently also the Lollipop 5.1 version. It got its last security update in March 2018. Even Android Marshmallow 6.0 got its last security update in August 2018. ... According to Mobile & Tablet Android Version Market Share Worldwide.Feb 13, 2019

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would look for a later version of Android, my Eonon Android radio is version 8.1. They don't list Range Rovers on their site, but the 2003-2005 take the BMW E39 radio.
Is Android 5 outdated?
Android Lollipop 5.0 (and older) has long since stopped getting security updates, and more recently also the Lollipop 5.1 version. It got its last security update in March 2018. Even Android Marshmallow 6.0 got its last security update in August 2018. ... According to Mobile & Tablet Android Version Market Share Worldwide.Feb 13, 2019
As an android developer I wouldnt disagree with you but with chinese companies making these products you're going to be very limited on OS selection. In fact I would be very wary of any of these products personally due to concerns about malware being baked in to the ROMs. NONE of these products will have current OS or patches.

Yeah the BMW infotainment system used isnt a MOST optical system and therefor super easy to get halfway decent alternatives. The US MY05-09 and MY10-12 use 2 different MOST optical systems and have been slow to have manufacturers make alternatives. This is in the spirit of the aftermarket systems for the BMW stuff.

If you don’t have the rse it would be great but not sure how it would handle that if you do
In looking at the specs it looks like it bypasses most of the MOST factory systems and just uses canbus to get information which means how or if they interface with the factory amplifier is unknown if at all. That also means that yeah, doubtful it's working with RSE or any other MOST stuff.

This isn't for me personally, but at lot of people are looking for alternatives and this is the first real one I've seen.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you’ve got MOST, you’ll probably be looking at building a parallel system (plan on buying an aftermarket amp to go with your head unit, you’ve got a LOT of speakers).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wanted to update I've verified these all come with a MOST audio injector for the factory system.

It uses canbus to interact with the system. In research I've found several with differing specs.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wanted to update I've verified these all come with a MOST audio injector for the factory system.

It uses canbus to interact with the system. In research I've found several with differing specs.
Listen to this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
xtrons bro
Welcome to the forum. We would all appreciate it if you'd post more than 2 word ambigious comments.

Also if you've looked at xtrons they don't offer an L322 option, just freelander 2.

So no, no xtrons bro.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We would all appreciate it if you'd post more than 2 word ambigious comments.

Also if you've looked at xtrons they don't offer an L322 option, just freelander 2.

So no, no xtrons bro.
Okay then eonon.

The easiest thing to do is whack the dash open, see what connectors it uses. Measure how big the screen is and just get a generic xtrons head unit.

The only thing I wonder about is would you lose that chassis screen and 4x4 information or is there an appropriate can bus

Also thats a 2004 range rover and I assume yours is the 2012 so not sure how that would marry

edit: i've recently bought a range rover 2006, so will be attempting it soon enough

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
MarkinMaine
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing