RangeRovers.net Forum banner

321 - 340 of 344 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #322
When updates come along for the unit do you have to take apart the car to get to the USB port on the unit?
It depends on how/where you install the usb port...as long as you route it to an easily accessible location then you don't need to take anything apart. Anyway, it's completely up to you and/or your installer. You can route the usb port to any location that's convenient for you. I have my usb port routed right behind the trim panel where I have the iPhone dock mounted so I just pull the trim panel if I need to access the usb for any reason. It only takes a couple seconds to pull that trim panel off.

Some like to route it to the glove box and some even run an extension to the center console for a complete custom install. For example, one of my recent customers had his unit installed at a car audio shop and they routed the Android usb port to the center console to take the place of the InControl usb port.

·
Registered
479 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #327 (Edited)
Read my mind! was thinking about getting one.....Does it effect the brightness? How good is the anit-glare...better the stock form?
No, it doesn't affect the brightness at all...the anti-glare works great and it seems to be as good as stock. However, my main concern was the finger prints and smudges on the screen. If i could just find this film in bulk then I might purchase some and cut it out to the size of the Android unit screen and offer it as an add on with the unit. I'm sure there's not much profit in it but I think some customers will appreciate having that option.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi everyone, Quick question: did anyone have trouble taking off the two metal pieces on the side of the center console ?

I got up early to install and have got stuck at this point.

I will call Ray a little later in the morning when the west coast is up but wondered if anyone had any tips

·
Registered
479 Posts
aluminum triangle looking pieces? you just tug them back towards the seats

·
Registered
479 Posts
ah...disregard my post then

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do all of the standard 4x4i, cameras, massage seat/climate menus still work with this unit? I might have missed it but didn’t see in the video. Just want to confirm before ordering. Thank you!

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
16 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good installer in the Los Angeles area, and approx what the cost of installation was, I would like someone who has already successfully installed this unit before.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
66 Posts
Do all of the standard 4x4i, cameras, massage seat/climate menus still work with this unit? I might have missed it but didn’t see in the video. Just want to confirm before ordering. Thank you!
Yeah, all the standard OEM functions still work. The only caveat is that on the Android 9 units, you do have to tap an onscreen button to switch the unit over to the OEM screen to access all of those controls.

Reactions: Cvdrugrep

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #336
Can anyone recommend a good installer in the Los Angeles area, and approx what the cost of installation was, I would like someone who has already successfully installed this unit before.
I can install it for you if you want to drive out to the Palm Springs area...$300 for the installation

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Has the new version worked out the auto parking yet? Also it has all the software to run the optional meridian sound? I think I'm getting to the point of needing to order this, the current system in the car is beginning to wear on me.

·
Registered
208 Posts
My installer updated my unit earlier this year (for free of course). My understanding is that it is software only to make the auto parking work (not like the earlier versions where I believe actual cables had to be worked on). I am sure Ray can give you details (but only if you buy from him - fair is fair) since he is the one who makes this all happen with the engineers in China - without Ray nothing would be fixed and upgraded at all - thank you again, Ray.

As for the auto park, it works as soon as the OEM screen comes on which is 45 seconds or even a bit faster. So, if you want to hop in your car and use auto park to exit a spot right away, that will not work (the "right away" will not work). But once it's on it works perfectly.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #340
Has the new version worked out the auto parking yet? Also it has all the software to run the optional meridian sound? I think I'm getting to the point of needing to order this, the current system in the car is beginning to wear on me.
Brad, the auto park/self parking feature has long been corrected with the new 9.0 version. It was a software update along with an updated cable/harness that connects to the original wire loom from the left side button pack. Also, your Meridian sound with be retained. All of your original functions will work the same from the original display. I will get around to making another demo video soon to cover all features.

321 - 340 of 344 Posts