RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've worked out a deal with the company that makes these units so that I can offer them for sale here in the US. I will be keeping inventory stocked with the most popular units. Check out my new website...

www.androidaftershock.com

·
Registered
278 Posts
Re: 10.25" Android Screen for Range Rover L405 2013-2016

Was following along in the other post. Definitely looks like it’s worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts

will these fit an L494 RRS as well?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

will these fit an L494 RRS as well?
They do make this screen for the L494 but it will have a different mounting bracket than the one for the L405. It's actually the same screen though.

·
Registered
154 Posts

They do make this screen for the L494 but it will have a different mounting bracket than the one for the L405. It's actually the same screen though.
pricing? I'm not in the US, maybe it can be shipped straight to me from your supplier?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

pricing? I'm not in the US, maybe it can be shipped straight to me from your supplier?

$1,399 with free wireless CarPlay adapter and free shipping included is my target price for this unit here in the US...I will not be selling or shipping outside the US. I'm sure that you can do a search and find other websites that carry this type of unit and ship to other countries.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

price update...

I have made a listing on eBay so that I can offer forum members a discount. Just submit a $999 best offer along with a note with your forum username and I will accept the offer at $999 with free wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto adapter and free shipping to anywhere in the US.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-25-Android-Multimedia-Screen-for-Land-Rover-Range-Rover-L405-2013-2016/254289363690?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

·
Registered
4 Posts

Looks good. I am seriously thinking of getting one for my MY2016.

Do you know if mine have Resistive or Capacitive touch screen?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Looks good. I am seriously thinking of getting one for my MY2016.

Do you know if mine have Resistive or Capacitive touch screen?
There's really no way to tell by model year. Some 2016's have the resistive touch screen and some have the capacitive touch screen...it depends on the options you have in your vehicle. It's best that you pull the trim panel off and compare your screen to this pic...

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts

One question: I haven't really seen how the display between the speedometer and the RPMs is affected by that. It usually shows the turning directions from the navigation page. Is that still displayed there?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

One question: I haven't really seen how the display between the speedometer and the RPMs is affected by that. It usually shows the turning directions from the navigation page. Is that still displayed there?
Yes, the turning directions still show on the speedometer screen when using the OEM navigation. All OEM functions remain except the dual view on the infotainment screen. Your OEM Navigation functions will remain the same. However, If you decide to use the Android navigation apps, like Google Maps or Waze, the directions are only displayed on the android screen.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will have 10 L405 units available in about a week from now...5 capacitive touch screens and 5 resistive touch screens.

enter this coupon code on my website for the forum member discount...

08312019w84it

This discount code will end on 8/31/2019

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
130 Posts
I watched a few of the videos. Does it always boot to android on startup of the vehicle rather than to the default LR screen? The reason I ask is because I listen to the sat radio most and like it to automatically start playing the last source I was listening to. In you video, it would appear that I have to click out of the android system back into the LR system to get the radio to play. Also, I assume that the backup tones will not work until the system is full booted? Thanks for the clarity.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I watched a few of the videos. Does it always boot to android on startup of the vehicle rather than to the default LR screen? The reason I ask is because I listen to the sat radio most and like it to automatically start playing the last source I was listening to. In you video, it would appear that I have to click out of the android system back into the LR system to get the radio to play. Also, I assume that the backup tones will not work until the system is full booted? Thanks for the clarity.
No, the screen doesn't always boot up to the Android interface...it will boot up to the OEM interface if that's the last source that you had it set to when you shut down the vehicle. I will be sure to demonstrate that in my next video. But to answer your question in the most simple way, you actually don't even have to use the Android interface at all if you just want this screen to replace your OEM screen. Your OEM functions will remain the same but of course on a much better display. The bigger screen alone is worth having even if you don't use the Android functions.

·
Registered
130 Posts
No, the screen doesn't always boot up to the Android interface...it will boot up to the OEM interface if that's the last source that you had it set to when you shut down the vehicle. I will be sure to demonstrate that in my next video. But to answer your question in the most simple way, you actually don't even have to use the Android interface at all if you just want this screen to replace your OEM screen. Your OEM functions will remain the same but of course on a much better display. The bigger screen alone is worth having even if you don't use the Android functions.
Thanks for the reply....can you comment on how fast the parking sensors activate once the vehicle starts? It is immediate with OEM screen. Do you have to wait for the system to boot before you get the reverse screen and tones?

1 - 20 of 199 Posts