RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just wanted to reach out to this side of the forum to let you know that I have units available for the L538 Evoque. Here is the thread from the L405 side if you guys were not aware already....

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
08312019w84it ...this coupon code has been extended until September 3rd

2019w84it ...this is the new coupon code starting September 3rd...will end on December 31st

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hey guys, it would help if we keep all the questions and answers here on the thread. I've been getting a lot of the same questions through private message and I've done my best to answer them all in a timely manner but I figure we can all save time while also helping others by posting everything related to the Android units here in this thread.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It appears the factory displays remain untouched and are not part of the android system. How seamless is it to switch between factory and android screens? Do the steering wheel controls work on both the factory and android screens?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the steering wheel controls still work with the Android screen...watch the videos that I have posted on my website to see how it switches from OEM to Android

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have 4 Android units available for the L538 RR Evoque...2 capacitive & 2 resistive

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I was looking at your website and it has the option to ship to the uk, your original post said no international shipping, has this now changed?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, I was looking at your website and it has the option to ship to the uk, your original post said no international shipping, has this now changed?
Yes, I do ship to the UK now as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I'm interested in your unit but I have a few questions for you:

1. How do we know if our Evoque is a L538 model? I just recently bought a 2016 Range Rover Evoque HSE with GPS. My vehicle was originally purchased in Canada.
2. Do you ship to Canada?
3. Still not very clear on whether my media unit is resistive or capacitive. I would like to avoid undoing the whole thing to see which one it is. Is there a test I could do instead?
4. Now that Android 10 is released. Can you update this unit to the latest Android version? As the new version looks way better.
5. Does the unit work with the factory USB ports?
6. Does it work with the factory back-up camera?
7. Does it work with the factory voice control (on the steering wheel)?
8. Does it replace the factory plastic buttons on the side? As it seems to take the whole space, since the screen is bigger I believe.
9. Does it come with detailed installation instructions so that I can give to my installer? Does it require soldering?
10. I'd like to use mine with Android? But I believe you also send an apple car play adapter? Why is there an adapter needed for Apple? Would plugging it in the USB port alone not work?

Thanks for your time,

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi,

I'm interested in your unit but I have a few questions for you:

1. How do we know if our Evoque is a L538 model? I just recently bought a 2016 Range Rover Evoque HSE with GPS. My vehicle was originally purchased in Canada.
2. Do you ship to Canada?
3. Still not very clear on whether my media unit is resistive or capacitive. I would like to avoid undoing the whole thing to see which one it is. Is there a test I could do instead?
4. Now that Android 10 is released. Can you update this unit to the latest Android version? As the new version looks way better.
5. Does the unit work with the factory USB ports?
6. Does it work with the factory back-up camera?
7. Does it work with the factory voice control (on the steering wheel)?
8. Does it replace the factory plastic buttons on the side? As it seems to take the whole space, since the screen is bigger I believe.
9. Does it come with detailed installation instructions so that I can give to my installer? Does it require soldering?
10. I'd like to use mine with Android? But I believe you also send an apple car play adapter? Why is there an adapter needed for Apple? Would plugging it in the USB port alone not work?

Thanks for your time,
1. The L538 Evoque is 2012-2016...I'm not sure if Canada has the same specs as the US but if your original screen has the button packs on the left and right side then this unit will work. I think the 2017+ models have the factory 10.25" screen.
2. Yes, I can ship to Canada
3. If original screen will respond to a credit card touching the screen or your finger nail, it is resistive touch...if it only responds to your finger tip then it's capacitive touch.
4. No, this unit can not be updated but the 7.1 runs just fine on it.
5. No, the Android unit does not work with the factory USB ports. It has it's own dedicated USB port.
6. Yes, your original back-up camera will still work the same as it always has.
7. Yes, your factory voice control will work the same as it always has.
8. Yes
9. No, there are no written instructions but there are install videos on my website...no soldering required.
10. No, you will need to plug in the CarPlay dongle for Apple CarPlay to work. The unit does not have built on CarPlay or Android Auto.

Please visit my website and watch the videos on my YouTube channel. You can also find answers to almost any of your questions and concerns if you read this forum...

·
Registered
2 Posts
1. The L538 Evoque is 2012-2016...I'm not sure if Canada has the same specs as the US but if your original screen has the button packs on the left and right side then this unit will work. I think the 2017+ models have the factory 10.25" screen.
2. Yes, I can ship to Canada
3. If original screen will respond to a credit card touching the screen or your finger nail, it is resistive touch...if it only responds to your finger tip then it's capacitive touch.
4. No, this unit can not be updated but the 7.1 runs just fine on it.
5. No, the Android unit does not work with the factory USB ports. It has it's own dedicated USB port.
6. Yes, your original back-up camera will still work the same as it always has.
7. Yes, your factory voice control will work the same as it always has.
8. Yes
9. No, there are no written instructions but there are install videos on my website...no soldering required.
10. No, you will need to plug in the CarPlay dongle for Apple CarPlay to work. The unit does not have built on CarPlay or Android Auto.

Please visit my website and watch the videos on my YouTube channel. You can also find answers to almost any of your questions and concerns if you read this forum...

Thanks for answering my questions, I will speak to my dealership to see if I have the correct model. Also, please let me know if the manufacturer plans on upgrading their software to Android 10 in the future.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks for answering my questions, I will speak to my dealership to see if I have the correct model. Also, please let me know if the manufacturer plans on upgrading their software to Android 10 in the future.
There's no need to speak with the dealership to confirm the model. Here is a photo of the 2016 Evoque Screen...this is the screen that's used in the 2012-2016 Evoque.
2016 Evoque Screen.jpg

If your screen looks like this then the Android unit will work.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is the 2017 Evoque screen...
2017 Evoque Screen.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts