RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just wanted to reach out to this side of the forum to let you know that I have units available for the L538 Evoque. Here is the thread from the L405 side if you guys were not aware already....

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hey guys, it would help if we keep all the questions and answers here on the thread. I've been getting a lot of the same questions through private message and I've done my best to answer them all in a timely manner but I figure we can all save time while also helping others by posting everything related to the Android units here in this thread.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It appears the factory displays remain untouched and are not part of the android system. How seamless is it to switch between factory and android screens? Do the steering wheel controls work on both the factory and android screens?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I was looking at your website and it has the option to ship to the uk, your original post said no international shipping, has this now changed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I'm interested in your unit but I have a few questions for you:

1. How do we know if our Evoque is a L538 model? I just recently bought a 2016 Range Rover Evoque HSE with GPS. My vehicle was originally purchased in Canada.
2. Do you ship to Canada?
3. Still not very clear on whether my media unit is resistive or capacitive. I would like to avoid undoing the whole thing to see which one it is. Is there a test I could do instead?
4. Now that Android 10 is released. Can you update this unit to the latest Android version? As the new version looks way better.
5. Does the unit work with the factory USB ports?
6. Does it work with the factory back-up camera?
7. Does it work with the factory voice control (on the steering wheel)?
8. Does it replace the factory plastic buttons on the side? As it seems to take the whole space, since the screen is bigger I believe.
9. Does it come with detailed installation instructions so that I can give to my installer? Does it require soldering?
10. I'd like to use mine with Android? But I believe you also send an apple car play adapter? Why is there an adapter needed for Apple? Would plugging it in the USB port alone not work?

Thanks for your time,

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi,

I'm interested in your unit but I have a few questions for you:

1. How do we know if our Evoque is a L538 model? I just recently bought a 2016 Range Rover Evoque HSE with GPS. My vehicle was originally purchased in Canada.
2. Do you ship to Canada?
3. Still not very clear on whether my media unit is resistive or capacitive. I would like to avoid undoing the whole thing to see which one it is. Is there a test I could do instead?
4. Now that Android 10 is released. Can you update this unit to the latest Android version? As the new version looks way better.
5. Does the unit work with the factory USB ports?
6. Does it work with the factory back-up camera?
7. Does it work with the factory voice control (on the steering wheel)?
8. Does it replace the factory plastic buttons on the side? As it seems to take the whole space, since the screen is bigger I believe.
9. Does it come with detailed installation instructions so that I can give to my installer? Does it require soldering?
10. I'd like to use mine with Android? But I believe you also send an apple car play adapter? Why is there an adapter needed for Apple? Would plugging it in the USB port alone not work?

Thanks for your time,
1. The L538 Evoque is 2012-2016...I'm not sure if Canada has the same specs as the US but if your original screen has the button packs on the left and right side then this unit will work. I think the 2017+ models have the factory 10.25" screen.
2. Yes, I can ship to Canada
3. If original screen will respond to a credit card touching the screen or your finger nail, it is resistive touch...if it only responds to your finger tip then it's capacitive touch.
4. No, this unit can not be updated but the 7.1 runs just fine on it.
5. No, the Android unit does not work with the factory USB ports. It has it's own dedicated USB port.
6. Yes, your original back-up camera will still work the same as it always has.
7. Yes, your factory voice control will work the same as it always has.
8. Yes
9. No, there are no written instructions but there are install videos on my website...no soldering required.
10. No, you will need to plug in the CarPlay dongle for Apple CarPlay to work. The unit does not have built on CarPlay or Android Auto.

Please visit my website and watch the videos on my YouTube channel. You can also find answers to almost any of your questions and concerns if you read this forum...

·
Registered
2 Posts
1. The L538 Evoque is 2012-2016...I'm not sure if Canada has the same specs as the US but if your original screen has the button packs on the left and right side then this unit will work. I think the 2017+ models have the factory 10.25" screen.
2. Yes, I can ship to Canada
3. If original screen will respond to a credit card touching the screen or your finger nail, it is resistive touch...if it only responds to your finger tip then it's capacitive touch.
4. No, this unit can not be updated but the 7.1 runs just fine on it.
5. No, the Android unit does not work with the factory USB ports. It has it's own dedicated USB port.
6. Yes, your original back-up camera will still work the same as it always has.
7. Yes, your factory voice control will work the same as it always has.
8. Yes
9. No, there are no written instructions but there are install videos on my website...no soldering required.
10. No, you will need to plug in the CarPlay dongle for Apple CarPlay to work. The unit does not have built on CarPlay or Android Auto.

Please visit my website and watch the videos on my YouTube channel. You can also find answers to almost any of your questions and concerns if you read this forum...

Thanks for answering my questions, I will speak to my dealership to see if I have the correct model. Also, please let me know if the manufacturer plans on upgrading their software to Android 10 in the future.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks for answering my questions, I will speak to my dealership to see if I have the correct model. Also, please let me know if the manufacturer plans on upgrading their software to Android 10 in the future.
There's no need to speak with the dealership to confirm the model. Here is a photo of the 2016 Evoque Screen...this is the screen that's used in the 2012-2016 Evoque.
2016 Evoque Screen.jpg

If your screen looks like this then the Android unit will work.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey guys, I just want you to know that I have only 3 units remaining in stock for the L538 Evoque and my next shipment won't arrive until late January or early February.

I want to thank everyone that has purchased this unit from me and contributed to helping answer questions or giving their reviews on this forum...and I greatly appreciate those that have shown their support by clicking that DONATE NOW button on my website. I'm proud to say that the Range Rover community has helped me start and grow this small business. I'm also really happy that I have been able to help you guys enjoy your Range Rovers even more by bringing this awesome product to the US. Anyone who has a 2013-2016 Range Rover and has not upgraded to this Android unit is truly missing out on something great. I really enjoy hearing the feedback from highly satisfied customers after they have installed it. After having this unit in my own L405 for months, it's weird seeing any 2013-2016 Range Rovers with that outdated factory screen now. Anyway, I really appreciate all the support from you guys and I will always look forward to helping the community the best that I can.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. A few months ago I bought a RR Evoque L538 of 2015, VIN SALVA2BG6FH984458, but it has no map and it is not possible to connect it by Carplay or Android. Is there any alternative to update the system? The screen image is:
IMG_1267.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, I just want you to know that I have only 3 units remaining in stock for the L538 Evoque and my next shipment won't arrive until late January or early February.

I want to thank everyone that has purchased this unit from me and contributed to helping answer questions or giving their reviews on this forum...and I greatly appreciate those that have shown their support by clicking that DONATE NOW button on my website. I'm proud to say that the Range Rover community has helped me start and grow this small business. I'm also really happy that I have been able to help you guys enjoy your Range Rovers even more by bringing this awesome product to the US. Anyone who has a 2013-2016 Range Rover and has not upgraded to this Android unit is truly missing out on something great. I really enjoy hearing the feedback from highly satisfied customers after they have installed it. After having this unit in my own L405 for months, it's weird seeing any 2013-2016 Range Rovers with that outdated factory screen now. Anyway, I really appreciate all the support from you guys and I will always look forward to helping the community the best that I can.
Hi. I just joined this forum looking for information on the Apple Carplay or Android connection, because my RR Evoque 2015, VIN SALVA2BG6FH984458 does not have it included and neither does the maps. Apparently, here in Chile they arrived without GPS until 2017 or 2018. I attached a photo of the screen. What is your offer?
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi. I just joined this forum looking for information on the Apple Carplay or Android connection, because my RR Evoque 2015, VIN SALVA2BG6FH984458 does not have it included and neither does the maps. Apparently, here in Chile they arrived without GPS until 2017 or 2018. I attached a photo of the screen. What is your offer?
Thanks in advance.
View attachment 283336
Yes, I offer Android units for 2012-2016 L538 Evoque. Please visit my website for more details.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
OK guys, being that I'm out of stock and expecting a shipment in a few weeks, I'm getting overwhelmed with request to reserve a unit before they are sold out again. Therefore, I will be taking pre-orders on my website and filling orders as the shipments arrive...so first come first serve. The Android 7.1 units are no longer being produced so the new units arriving will have Android 9.0 and a few changes to the settings menu. I will be testing the new unit in my own Range Rover for a few days before I ship any out so please be patient. It's all about quality control. Plus, I need to be able to answer questions regarding the new unit if there happens to be significant changes from the previous unit. I'm almost sure there will be no physical changes from the previous unit but there will be changes with the software and some of the functions.

I also have a new discount code for registered forum members to use at check out. Please PM me for the code. I just ask that you don't post the code on any of the forum threads so that the code is only used by registered members of this community.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts