RangeRovers.net Forum banner

121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
And what about the cameras?
There are some ideas to improve the resolution of surrou d cameras?
Is it possible to change them with others that have higher resolution?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
And what about the cameras?
There are some ideas to improve the resolution of surrou d cameras?
Is it possible to change them with others that have higher resolution?
Your OEM cameras will still work the same with the same resolution. If you want better camera resolution then you will need to add aftermarket cameras with higher quality imaging.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Your OEM cameras will still work the same with the same resolution. If you want better camera resolution then you will need to add aftermarket cameras with higher quality imaging.
So I don't have to change/upgrade the central unit but only the cameras?
Does the system ricognize the new cameras?
Do you have some ideas to find compatible models of higher resolution cameras? Or also a link to buy them?
Many thanks for your patience.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
I don't really understand what you're asking but if you're referring to only upgrading your OEM cameras then I'm not sure how you will be able to do that with the factory unit. The Android unit is already configured to use the OEM cameras but it also has 2 additional inputs for aftermarket cameras. I don't have a link for you but I'm sure you can find aftermarket cameras if you do a search online. I think someone actually posted a link for an aftermarket camera system just recently so you might find the link on this forum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Many thanks for your reply.
I'll try to explain you better (sorry my bad English).
I've recently change my Discovery Sport MY16.5 with surround cameras with (my dreams) a L494-MY 11/2013 (so I think the first edition) that have the surround cameras.
I've immediately noted that the differences about GUI graphing interface (not very good), poor resolution respect my previous Land Rover and at least but not less important, a worst refreshing when all cameras are activated.
So, does a new 10.25 Android system and a different OEM cameras will make me a jump in all these aspects?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Many thanks for your reply.
I'll try to explain you better (sorry my bad English).
I've recently change my Discovery Sport MY16.5 with surround cameras with (my dreams) a L494-MY 11/2013 (so I think the first edition) that have the surround cameras.
I've immediately noted that the differences about GUI graphing interface (not very good), poor resolution respect my previous Land Rover and at least but not less important, a worst refreshing when all cameras are activated.
So, does a new 10.25 Android system and a different OEM cameras will make me a jump in all these aspects?
The Android screen does have much better resolution than the OEM screen so the OEM camera image will look a little better on the Android screen. However, if you're really concerned about camera image then you might still need to add aftermarket cameras. Once again, the Android screen has 2 additional inputs for aftermarket cameras.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok very good and thank you for your explain.
Then I'll have to decide about wich brands/model in the Amazon's auctions.
There are multiple proposal of different sellers but seems all product are equal eachother.
What do you think?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Honestly, the cameras are not a concern for me at all so I can't advise you on that. I have the Android screen installed in my own L405 Range Rover and it has been great. I really don't see a need for anyone to change the cameras. Maybe someone else on this forum can direct you to the right vender for high quality cameras.

·
Registered
11 Posts
And about different proposal on Amazon?
All Android system seems similar eachothers but there are a big difference in the final price... (also a 500usd....)

·
Registered
21 Posts
All Android system seems similar eachothers but there are a big difference in the final price... (also a 500usd....)
You can find the hardware even cheaper on Aliexpress but it’s a roll of the dice as to what you will actually get and what kind of support you’ll receive After the sale. If you read this thread there was already someone that had to replace a unit purchased from a vendor that couldn’t support it.

Unless you are comfortable troubleshooting this by yourself or have extensive experience working with electronics out of China I wouldn’t recommend it. For the cost of a fraction of a percent of these vehicles I’d rather have a proven solution without any of the headaches. If you’re looking to save as much as possible the other ones are an option.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #131 (Edited)
You will need to do your research. I'm not familiar with any Android units or cameras being sold on Amazon or any other website. The units that I offer has been a proven solution. Just read through this thread and also the thread in the L405 forum so that you can determine for yourself. I can't advise you on prices or difference in quality that any other websites offer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am installing this unit this weekend. It looks straight forward enough but you never know until you get inside. I will update once the install is done

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone else having issues with their carplay stuttering really bad? Updated the software and box to the latest version. Almost unusable it stutters so bad.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #134 (Edited)
Anyone else having issues with their carplay stuttering really bad? Updated the software and box to the latest version. Almost unusable it stutters so bad.
There seems to be a bug in the AutoPlay app software or Box Software for Android Auto...or it could be the software on the Samsung phone itself that's causing the issue. I say that because I'm using an iPhone and I'm not having the stuttering issue. The CarPlay dongle is mainly configured for CarPlay. Here's the latest version that I have on mine and it's running CarPlay just fine with no issues...

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I want to thank Ray for the support on installing my new unit. I had trouble with the wireless connection and Ray pointed me in the right direction. Ray knows this install in and out. He was very responsive to my questions and texts. I am really enjoying this upgrade. Thanks again Ray

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
I want to thank Ray for the support on installing my new unit. I had trouble with the wireless connection and Ray pointed me in the right direction. Ray knows this install in and out. He was very responsive to my questions and texts. I am really enjoying this upgrade. Thanks again Ray
You're welcome, CoolJames.

I also want to add that James was hesitant to do the install on his own. However, the local car audio shop in his area was booked 3 months out so I encouraged him to watch the videos and do the install himself. He took my advise and was able to complete the install like a pro! Anyway, it was nice meeting you on FaceTime, James. You seem like a really cool guy so you picked the right name for your profile (CoolJames). I hope that you're able to enjoy your Range Rover even more now with the Android screen installed.

121 - 140 of 145 Posts