Range Rovers Forum banner
521 - 525 of 525 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RRS Supercharged V8 - Loire Blue/Silver roof
4 Posts
Yes, you go back into the old system to use the radio or XM. The kit does come with the glossy trim.
Thanks for that. Does the new system start playing the radio when the car turns on like factory or will it be silent until I go into the old system and choose radio.

·
Registered
2014 Range Rover Sport Autobiography
88 Posts
Thanks for that. Does the new system start playing the radio when the car turns on like factory or will it be silent until I go into the old system and choose radio.
It defaults to whatever you used last.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Finally took the time to install this today after the box sat on the garage shelf for about a month (it’s hot in Vegas lol). Super straight forward and simple. Took under 2 hours start to finish, including a call to Ray to clarify a couple things before I preceded. This could easily be done in under an hour after doing it once. Unit is an unreal upgrade, and is far smoother to use than the Touch Pro Duo system in my wife’s new full size. Thanks to Ray for amazing customer service and support. If anybody is located in the Vegas area I would be more than happy to lend a hand installing this in a Sport or Full Size.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Something interesting that I've discovered is that on the bench, if you keep the power supply connected to the yellow DVR/B+ wire (which is connected to all of the other yellow power wires in the loom) and GND but disconnect the red ACC wire the screen powers off but the unit maintains its current state so that when you reconnect the ACC wire, there's no boot-up, the system is already on.

On the main connector there are only four red wires:

1. ACC
2. A USB related red wire
3. Red wire coming from the splice connector that goes to the DVD unit
4. Red wire that's part of the Yellow phono plug wiring for the aftermarket camera inputs

So by elimination the only one that could be providing an ignition live from the cars wiring loom is the (3). If that proves to be the case (easy enough to check with a voltmeter) that means that if we remove (1) and (3) above from the connector and put (3) into (1)s original location that should replicate the behaviour above in the car. i.e. no waiting long times for the unit to boot up.

The possible downside is how much current is the unit pulling from the battery when it's in this sleep state? If it proves to be too much then there's a risk that it can run the battery down. But we could always wire up a small, rechargeable 12v 5a battery inline to protect against this (much like they do with dashcams).
Could "slaine" be onto something for those looking beyond CarPlay and the infrastructure of a mobile phone.

521 - 525 of 525 Posts