RangeRovers.net Forum banner

301 - 315 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Morning Ray, also been emailing you a few times then noticed you on here. Don't suppose you have any codes i could use for purchase? Cheers m8

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes mate I was going to give it a shot, only experience I've got is installing a few head units, subs and amps back in my teens. Following the videos I reckon I should be able to manage it, i hope 🤞

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes mate I was going to give it a shot, only experience I've got is installing a few head units, subs and amps back in my teens. Following the videos I reckon I should be able to manage it, i hope 🤞
Luckily I have someone doing mine, just a pointer, make sure you look at the new install/unboxing videos on the website for the Android 9, as the left hand small side screen now connects to the box. Good luck 👍

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
Are we able to have different volumes for the nav in comparison to the music being played in CarPlay? ie whilst navigation instructions are being received, turn the volume down and when instructions stop the volume returns to the music volume from before? And then the next nav instructions are played at the level from the previously selected nav volume?
I'm not sure about that but the iPhone has a setting for navigation voice volume...go to settings-select Maps-driving & navigation-navigation voice volume.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
Luckily I have someone doing mine, just a pointer, make sure you look at the new install/unboxing videos on the website for the Android 9, as the left hand small side screen now connects to the box. Good luck 👍
That's not correct...the left side button pack is no longer used in the 9.0 install. You only keep the right side button pack plugged in and tucked away in the dash behind the unit. Please watch all the version 9.0 videos and pay close attention before attempting the install.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's not correct...the left side button pack is no longer used in the 9.0 install. You only keep the right side button pack plugged in and tucked away in the dash behind the unit. Please watch all the version 9.0 videos and pay close attention before attempting the install.
Sorry my bad, I worded it incorrectly, I meant to say the plug that is connected to the left button pack now connects to the android box. Is that correct?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm not sure about that but the iPhone has a setting for navigation voice volume...go to settings-select Maps-driving & navigation-navigation voice volume.
Thanks for the reply, I am aware of that feature. I took the following from another forum “A nice shortcut to changing the volume of those in car is to adjust the volume knob while a direction prompt is being played. I believe the level indicator is slightly different at the top of the CarPlay display when you do that but I forget as I don’t look at it often. But doing so will just affect the volume of those alerts/prompts rather than the overall sound volume of music, etc.” That’s the feature I meant

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
Thanks for the reply, I am aware of that feature. I took the following from another forum “A nice shortcut to changing the volume of those in car is to adjust the volume knob while a direction prompt is being played. I believe the level indicator is slightly different at the top of the CarPlay display when you do that but I forget as I don’t look at it often. But doing so will just affect the volume of those alerts/prompts rather than the overall sound volume of music, etc.” That’s the feature I meant
I think you can adjust the navigation voice volume that way when you're using the factory navigation but I'm not sure if you can with the CarPlay navigation.

301 - 315 of 315 Posts