RangeRovers.net Forum banner

281 - 300 of 315 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
i am about to take the lunge and buy for my 2016 RR Sport... From what i have read this is the best option on the market, any thoughts on this?

Any small issues to be aware of?
There is one small issue that you should be aware of. Your Range Rover will feel like a new ride once you have this unit installed and you will have a huge smile plastered on your face.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
HI Jetlagg,

I have the same issue i cannot get this silver trim off... it feels like it will break if i force it too hard
This video is probably the best to show how it’s done. I’ve found that you can lift up the silver trim from the back fairly easily.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ive just about finished the installation but have a few issues (maybe a call is needed to Ray later today)

1. I am unsure how to connect the switch packs as the looms isnt the same as the videos. It looks like i have a small wire that will connect directy to one of the switch pack wires but this will not allow the switch pack to be connected. I tihnk i have connected them wrongly.

This is for a range rover sport 2016

2. I had plugged everything i could together and the unit is functioning but i cannot get any sound from Apple play

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just upgraded mine. The best thing that I've ever done to my Range Rover Sport. it was easier that I expected. Also, the customer service of Ray, https://androidaftershock.com/shop/ols/products/1025-android-head-unit-for-land-rover-range-rover-sport-2013-2016 , is the best in the world. if you are in NY area and you need help with it, I could help.
Hi Henry,

How do you wire the swtich packs, it wiring loom doesnt seem to be the same as the videos

Where do i connect this wire:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Ray, we have been emailing over the last couple of days. I didn’t realise you were on this forum.
Can you send me a discount code if one is still available?
Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Ryan, not had any issues with mine.

Very stable with no dropping off.

Works well with having the wireless charger installed, just place it on and wait for it to connect.

thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Ryan, not had any issues with mine.

Very stable with no dropping off.

Works well with having the wireless charger installed, just place it on and wait for it to connect.

thanks
Thanks Ryan. I am installing the system and the wireless charger Saturday and was hoping it worked well

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are we able to have different volumes for the nav in comparison to the music being played in CarPlay? ie whilst navigation instructions are being received, turn the volume down and when instructions stop the volume returns to the music volume from before? And then the next nav instructions are played at the level from the previously selected nav volume?

281 - 300 of 315 Posts