RangeRovers.net Forum banner

261 - 280 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is there a video install of the unit? I am fairly competent with replacing car stereos. What is the difficulty level 1 - 10?

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Is there a video install of the unit? I am fairly competent with replacing car stereos. What is the difficulty level 1 - 10?
Yes, I have videos posted on my website. The install is fairly simple and straight forward but it's a little time consuming. 90% of my customers install the unit themselves. No instruction manual included so be sure to watch the videos and carefully follow each step.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone know if the power icon on the original screen menu (bottom left where u press it at night to turn screen off only and dim all interior lighting) work properly with the android 9.0 unit?

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
Does anyone know if the power icon on the original screen menu (bottom left where u press it at night to turn screen off only and dim all interior lighting) work properly with the android 9.0 unit?
Yes, it works the same on the Android screen. The Android unit has a vehicle choice configuration in the setup menu to select which button configuration your Range Rover has.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hmm, I have a friend that has one and when he presses that button the lighting in car dims but the screen does not (stays backlit). I wonder if it has something to do with settings, everything else seems to work fine thou. Can you confirm that the screen goes completely off?

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #268 (Edited)
Tell your friend to contact me if he purchased the unit from Android Aftershock. There are many Android units sold online but they are not all the same. However, yes, I can confirm that the Android screens that I offer goes completely black when you press that button but the music will continue to play in the background.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed the unit yesterday, It seems that i cannot scroll left or right to find the menu where the apps are. Is there anything I need to change?

·
Registered
9 Posts
It was late, I did not want to play with it, I'm getting off early today. Will get ahold of you when I get home.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update :
I installed the unit in under 3hrs.
Originally I thought that the scrolling function wasn't working-I was wrong, everything works as it should.
The system is responsive and I enjoy the YouTube music app the most. I logged into Google and can use Google maps right from the screen.
Overall a very nice upgrade versus the dark factory screen menus.

Ray is easily accessible and responsive. Great customer support and I highly recommend this unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update :
I installed the unit in under 3hrs.
Originally I thought that the scrolling function wasn't working-I was wrong, everything works as it should.
The system is responsive and I enjoy the YouTube music app the most. I logged into Google and can use Google maps right from the screen.
Overall a very nice upgrade versus the dark factory screen menus.

Ray is easily accessible and responsive. Great customer support and I highly recommend this unit.
How did you hide the power cables? Somewhere in the seats?

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #279 (Edited)
How did you hide the power cables? Somewhere in the seats?
badgus installed the 10.25" Android 9.0 head unit not the RSE screens...please follow the thread for the 11.8" Android 9.0 RSE screens if that's what you're interested in...

·
Registered
9 Posts
i am about to take the lunge and buy for my 2016 RR Sport... From what i have read this is the best option on the market, any thoughts on this?

Any small issues to be aware of?

261 - 280 of 315 Posts