RangeRovers.net Forum banner

221 - 240 of 315 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
I updated to iOS 13.5 (beta program) and from all indications, the connectivity is mostly staying “sticky” again. I’ve tested the following:
1. Made a call via Siri
2. Made a call by choosing a contact from the phone
3. Made a call from the CarPlay
4. Answered a call from the steering wheel control

Every time on the scenarios above, the car Bluetooth picked up.

Every time on the scenarios above with the exception number 4, the CarPlay phone screen popped up. When I answered the call from the stereo wheel, the legacy car interface screen appeared.

The one scenario that didn’t work is if I answered a call from CarPlay, it defaulted to the CarPlay interface.

[mention]W84IT [/mention] - this is significantly better than before, right?
I'm not sure if I understand what you're describing. I actually don't use the Range Rover bluetooth or the bluetooth built into the Android unit. I only use CarPlay plugged into the dongle...Siri uses the Android microphone and my call audio is heard through the factory speakers.

I'm on iOS 13.4.1

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm not sure if I understand what you're describing. I actually don't use the Range Rover bluetooth or the bluetooth built into the Android unit. I only use CarPlay plugged into the dongle...Siri uses the Android microphone and my call audio is heard through the factory speakers.

I'm on iOS 13.4.1
The issue has existed for quite awhile and there have been numerous posts.

Previously, iOS would utilize the last working connection that you used. That went away in the last major version of iOS where is would always try to default the CarPlay connection.

It’s now seems to be working again... defaulting to the last working connection again. And since I wanted to use the car mic, that means the car Bluetooth.

Siri picks up fine just from the mic on phone.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
The issue has existed for quite awhile and there have been numerous posts.

Previously, iOS would utilize the last working connection that you used. That went away in the last major version of iOS where is would always try to default the CarPlay connection.

It’s now seems to be working again... defaulting to the last working connection again. And since I wanted to use the car mic, that means the car Bluetooth.

Siri picks up fine just from the mic on phone.
OK, I get what you're saying now. Yes, the iOS call audio issue has been discussed and it's good to know that they have changed it back to how it was before iOS 13. Do you think it's just the beta iOS 13.5 that has the fix? I haven't tried it with iOS 13.4.1 but I might give it a go and see what happens.

·
Registered
131 Posts
OK, I get what you're saying now. Yes, the iOS call audio issue has been discussed and it's good to know that they have changed it back to how it was before iOS 13. Do you think it's just the beta iOS 13.5 that has the fix? I haven't tried it with iOS 13.4.1 but I might give it a go and see what happens.
Not sure, I’ve just been dealing with it and manually changing it. Now, after the upgrade, all of a sudden it’s working as it did before. So it must be the beta version... it’s the only thing that changed in my equation.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Not sure, I’ve just been dealing with it and manually changing it. Now, after the upgrade, all of a sudden it’s working as it did before. So it must be the beta version... it’s the only thing that changed in my equation.
I still have an older iphone with iOS 12.4.6 and the call audio routing works flawlessly with the factory bluetooth and CarPlay running on the screen...it always defaults to the factory bluetooth for calls even when using CarPlay. I'm not sure why Apple would even change this in iOS 13 but I hope they eventually get it right...but maybe they just want everything to default to CarPlay when it's connected. Anyway, the manual work around that you mention does work with my iPhone 11 and iOS 13.4.1 but I don't like doing it that way so I just leave the factory bluetooth disabled and use CarPlay for calls.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys I have some awesome news to share...I have solved the PARK ASSIST issue with the help of the engineers. The auto park/park assist is now working on the 9.0 unit!!!

I have a 2016 L494 HST that does not have Park Assist. This button shows up as the settings wheel. Will that cause any issues?

·
Registered
10 Posts
How long do these units last before they stop working and you would need to replace them? Has anyone had them for over a year and still running solid?

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
How long do these units last before they stop working and you would need to replace them? Has anyone had them for over a year and still running solid?
There's a few members here who have had the 7.1 version for close to a year now. I've also had the 7.1 version until the 9.1 version was released this year and I've had my 9.0 version in since January and it's been great. I think you have to look at this device like any other electronic device such as an Android tablet or a phone even. Of course there will always be newer improved versions but the older version seems to hold up for years unless you physically damage it beyond repair. For example, we have old iPads and Android tablets around the house that still work just fine. However, we don't use them anymore because we have newer improved faster versions now. Anyway, my guess would be that this Android unit should last the entire time you own the vehicle and beyond that as long as it's not physically damaged. It's entirely up to you if you want to purchase the newest version every time there's a new one released. I was one who would always purchase a new iPhone every year just to have the newest version. The iPhones would cost me around $1000 each time. I finally got to the point where I realized that I was just wasting money so the last iPhone that I had before I purchased the latest iPhone 11 was an iPhone 7. I purchased the iPhone 7 back in 2016 and kept it until I got the iPhone 11. The iPhone 7 was still working fine and in like new condition because I kept it protected in a case so I ended up selling the iPhone 7 for $200.

I also want to add that I sold my old Android 7.1 unit to a guy in Australia and as far as I know, it's still working just fine or he would have informed me otherwise by now. He has only contacted me to tell me how great the unit is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well guys, I took the plunge and upgraded from the 7.1 unit to the 9.0 and I am not disappointed. The 7.1 unit itself is an excellent unit, but the 9.0 just has that little bit extra.

The resolution is sharper, the CarPlay is more stable allowing you in and out of it more easily, the memory is increased allowing more of your own apps and the start up menu with animation is great, as well as noticeably quicker.

Anyone who hasn't bought one yet won't be disappointed, an anyone looking to upgrade also won't be disappointed.

Again massive thanks to Ray, incredible dedication to help with anything at any time, and nothing is too much trouble despite all my questions.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well guys, I took the plunge and upgraded from the 7.1 unit to the 9.0 and I am not disappointed. The 7.1 unit itself is an excellent unit, but the 9.0 just has that little bit extra.

The resolution is sharper, the CarPlay is more stable allowing you in and out of it more easily, the memory is increased allowing more of your own apps and the start up menu with animation is great, as well as noticeably quicker.

Anyone who hasn't bought one yet won't be disappointed, an anyone looking to upgrade also won't be disappointed.

Again massive thanks to Ray, incredible dedication to help with anything at any time, and nothing is too much trouble despite all my questions.
You’re not helping me here man! I’ve been avoiding the upgrade so far. Every sunny day I have to squint at my AC controls I think about it.

Thanks for the feed back through! Good to hear it is a step up in operation as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is it really that reflective? Can’t you put some kinda protective film over it to make it less so?

You’re not helping me here man! I’ve been avoiding the upgrade so far. Every sunny day I have to squint at my AC controls I think about it.

Thanks for the feed back through! Good to hear it is a step up in operation as well.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
Is it really that reflective? Can’t you put some kinda protective film over it to make it less so?
He's referring to the dim AC controls display which were an issue with the 7.1 version installed. The 9.0 version does not have that issue with the dim AC controls display.

·
Registered
131 Posts

My 9.0 unit arrived from Ray on Wednesday. I’ll be replacing my 7.1 unit this weekend.

That doesn’t help, does it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
My 9.0 unit arrived from Ray on Wednesday. I’ll be replacing my 7.1 unit this weekend.

That doesn’t help, does it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nope, not at all...

Let us know your thoughts on it as well! I'd like to know if that floating home button is annoying?

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
The assistive touch/floating home button is actually an upgraded benefit that allows you to navigate the screen much easier. I honestly didn't like the change at first but once I learned how to use it, it has been awesome and I wouldn't want to be without it now.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The assistive touch/floating home button is actually an upgraded benefit that allows you to navigate the screen much easier. I honestly didn't like the change at first but once I learned how to use it, it has been awesome and I wouldn't want to be without it now.
I assumed it was like the “dot” on the 7.1 and could be turned off in the settings... guessing that’s not the case now.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
278 Posts
Any pics of the floating home button ?

221 - 240 of 315 Posts