RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is a great deal on the 2010. That is based off a $65K sticker. I would also get to special order. The 09' S/C is a leftover. I think I am going for the 2010 ... what do you guys think? They offered me good trade money on my '06 HSE as well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
No brainer . . . new HSE. Are you in California? I doubt SoCal dealers would make any discounts at this point.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Agreed... total no brainer. How, did you score the discount? My dealer has quite a waiting list, so don't see any way to get a discount.

·
Registered
217 Posts
wow....im the only one, but i'd take the 09 s/c for sure. I think the 09 looks way better, 400hp is more than you would ever need, and you're not buying a first year model car. Personally, I'd never buy the first year model of a car, especially when it has a completely different motor than the previous model. My 06 SC RRS had a ton of small ridiculous problems. It was in the shop 4 or 5 times in 18 months. My 08 has not been in once. Coincidence?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I agree with maxwell just on the fact that it is a first year model car. I haven't had any issues with my 08 and I'm glad cause I was worried about all the problems that the earlier models had.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's not nearly a new model in the sense the '06 was. The non-cosmetic changes are pretty slight. The motor isn't "completely different", it's just enhanced a little. Even though the 2010 engine is newer, it doesn't have the added complexity of the super charger, so could very well prove more reliable long term. Also, the lack of dynamic response in the 2010 HSE could very well stave off vibration issues longer.

The external aesthetics are debatable and the changes slight, but the interior is far and away a *net* huge improvement. And I think, given equivalent performance, the interior comfort, appearance, and feel tops the list of importance, since that is where all the time is spent.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
JeffW said:
The motor isn't "completely different", it's just enhanced a little
[youtube:3ba886nu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k[/youtube:3ba886nu]

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
446 Posts
Go for the 2010. My girlfriend just replaced her '09 SC with an '10 SC, and it's subjective, but I think the exterior on the 2010 is cleaner, the interior is miles above, and there's just more sense of value for that price. The 375HP in the HSE (fullsize) that I drove isn't that far off the 400HP in my SC in terms of performance... but I do like that supercharger whine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
great price for the '10 HSE. But tend to agree with the new model potential bugs (maxwell) .

·
Registered
83 Posts
Maybe mine is an excpetion to the rule, but I have had 3+ years in a first year SC model with no significant bugs or problems (knock on wood), though I do wait several months after initial units are cleared off the lot for various reasons. I wouldn't hesitate to get the 2010 next April or after. If buying before that time, I would expect some bugs will come up and be willing to deal with it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Maxwell Smart hey.

In total agreement with Maxwell as only fouls buy the first year model, the better operators purchase the face-lift model too !

A good example is the new 3.0ltr twin turbo diesel variant, which is leaps and bounds above the old 2.7 single turbo diesel and has nearly the same performance level as the present 3.6ltr V8 twin turbo diesel, so go figure & the decision is still yours mate ?

2 cents worth.

Cheerio,

Vinniman.
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
446 Posts
Just tried out a fullsize 2010 RR and while I was at the dealer looked at a couple of 2009's they had on the lot. Then played around with my girlfriend's 2010 RRS SC, and no doubt, go for the 2010. The interior in the newer ones is just so much better I wouldn't think twice. And as far as first year models... I bought a 2003 RR when they first came out, back in Aug 2002, a 2005 back in early 2005 (first year for all that new fiber optics MOST stuff), and a 2006 SC back in 2006 (which I didn't keep for long due to lack of garage space). Never had big issues with any of that new stuff with any of them, so just from personal experience, I don't think the worry about new-model reliability is really justified. Oh, the new ipod integration in the 2010's is very nice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts