RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my 09 RRS lowers to about 3.5 inch between the top of the front tire and the bottom of the fender right above it. Happens after parking for a day or two. I know this means I have a small leak, and I do plan on replacing it. Roughly how much time or how many miles do I have before I have to replace it?

The reason for the question is, I don't have a garage. So I hope to do it at my parents' house (800 miles away) when I drive home for Christmas break. While driving there are no indicators that come on.

Thanks for your advices!

·
Registered
580 Posts
How long is a piece of string?

However the longer you leave it the more chance you will have a compressor issue as well as the compressor will have to work harder to make up for the loss in the system. If the car takes a take or two to go down, the leak is very small and most likely in a valve block or connector so should be OK for a while. Could be a small hole in a bag but unlikely and that case it could split with use.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry to hijack, but where are the valve blocks located. My compressor runs much more than it used to but I have not been able to find a leak.
TIA arby
you have 3 valve blocks. the front and middle ones are easy to access, rear is apparently a PITA. front one is behind the p/s fender liner. center is under the d/s door by the compressor. you can buy new ones for ~$200/ea or rebuild them for $30/ea. lots of good youtube vids on doing it. if it's just the front end lowering, replace that one. same for the rear. but if all 4 corners are going down, the center may be the culprit.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately answer to "how long" is really how soon are you willing to buy a new compressor.
While changing airstruts is not a huge deal, assuming you have proper tools, there are videos on you tube that actually will list the tools you need, from Atlantic British, I think, but at this point you/we can not be certain what exactly is the problem. I mean, you will drive 800 miles to your parents house and will do what? diagnose the isuue and order everything you need there? Shipping in holiday season could be pain in the butt plus could be holiday business closures for car parts companies as they're not exactly essential to the holiday shopping. I am just saying that in you're situation, I'd wanted to have everything figured out, parts in trunk and specific tools if needed too and then go to parent's house to do the actual job. May be find a reputable indy and arrange just for diagnostic of the problem... So you will know before you go, so to speak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts