Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am torn between an 09 RRS with 77k and an 11 RRS with 102k. The 11 obviously has a lot of the newer features, but almost 25k more miles. What do you guys recommend?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
I am torn between an 09 RRS with 77k and an 11 RRS with 102k. The 11 obviously has a lot of the newer features, but almost 25k more miles. What do you guys recommend?

It shouldn't matter what anyone thinks. This is purely your decision. What's more impt an updated exterior and interior and more horsepower. Or older style and less miles and power.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
799 Posts
A 2011 with over 160 thousand kilometers takes it out of consideration for most people in Canada but then again we have to deal with extreme corrosion in Canada from the salt and snow. This not only affects the body but also any components the salty snow and slush gets into i.e. bushings, hoses, belts, alternator etc. the belly pan protects quite a few things but when you commute in this stuff 5 days a week not to mention personal errands and trips it really hits our cars hard. In Arizona I'm sure you're dealing with different factors that can wear out the car so I'm sure a 102k MILE purchase would not be so bad but make sure the car was originally purchased and driven in Arizona and it isn't a purchase from an original owner up north because if it is stay away. It's not what you see that should concern you. It's what you DON'T see.

Oh and if the seller is that idiot from the ABC restaurant in Scottsdale RUN FAR RUN FAST!!!!!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
338 Posts
I'd try to find a 2010+ with lower miles OR a pre-2010 Supercharged.

As said above, this is purely your decision, though.

·
Banned
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
139 Posts
Newer/fancier interior in 2011 is huge plus but keep in mind that up keep of 2009 will be, in my opinion, significantly less. For example: I was just chasing suspension clunking/noise and wound up replacing front struts (airbags were fine, shock absorbants built in them were shot) so for 2009 RRS SC, unit from "Arnott" cost $345 (with lifetime warranty), OE was in $600+ range, 2010 and on, OEM only and over $1000. What I am saying that for a vehichle built from 2006, aftermarket industry is catching up and you can get a really good quality parts without need to trade your last pair of underwear to pay for them.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
799 Posts
I'd try to find a 2010+ with lower miles OR a pre-2010 Supercharged.

As said above, this is purely your decision, though.
If you can afford it go for the best priced vehicle that has a CPO warranty through the dealer. That's what I did and it saved my bacon many many times.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you can afford it go for the best priced vehicle that has a CPO warranty through the dealer. That's what I did and it saved my bacon many many times.
Exactly! Get a CPO if you can AND buy the LR extended warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts