RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded in my '08 RRS S/C yesterday for a '10 RRS Autobiography. I uninstalled the trailer wiring kit from the '08 in hopes of reusing it on the '10. I bought it from Atlantic British. Got on their website this morning and couldn't find a harness for the '10. Only lists '06-'09. Anyone know if the wiring changed? It reasons that it might since it has a surround view camera system now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it looks like the '10 harness has some extra clips. My harness now has 7 total plus the ground wire. Anyone know if the tow assist function will work if the harness is installed? I read elsewhere on this forum about the possibility of the dealer having to activate it, but it wasn't clear.

·
Registered
93 Posts
evillerover said:
Yeah, it looks like the '10 harness has some extra clips. My harness now has 7 total plus the ground wire. Anyone know if the tow assist function will work if the harness is installed? I read elsewhere on this forum about the possibility of the dealer having to activate it, but it wasn't clear.
Evil,

The "Tow Assist" feature can be set up by the vehicle owner, however when the trailer harness is installed the CJB (Body Control module) needs to be reprogrammed so it will recognize this feature. Also is your vehicle equipped with the five camera system? The "Tow Assist" will not function with the single backup camera setup. ibis1 ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL. My name refers to E'ville, as in Edwardsville, IL. I used to be evillebimmer with my BMW and evilleG37 with my G37. I'm also evilleaudi on the Audi forums now with my S5. Even though I don't live in Edwardsville anymore, I've just kind of stuck with the name. Thanks for the info. Will have to get the new harness ordered. My car does have the surround view camera system.

·
Registered
93 Posts
evillerover said:
LOL. My name refers to E'ville, as in Edwardsville, IL. I used to be evillebimmer with my BMW and evilleG37 with my G37. I'm also evilleaudi on the Audi forums now with my S5. Even though I don't live in Edwardsville anymore, I've just kind of stuck with the name. Thanks for the info. Will have to get the new harness ordered. My car does have the surround view camera system.
Sir,

I meant no disrespect as to your username, I kinda go with the flow when I reply. If you have any additional questions, just reply. Good luck with your vehicle and again I'm sorry if you took offense. ibis1 ;)

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
evillerover said:
So can we still call you "evil"?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts