RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the Range Rover is at about 87,700 miles. I've determined it needs a few things but I'm uncertain on a lot of the ten year items if they're necessary to do now because of age or just wait until I hit the mileage numbers. I'm going to do the normal engine oil and filter, pollen filter, etc. but I'm more uncertain about the major fluids I see on the service schedule. Is there a front differential oil to change too or just rear? Atlantic British/Roverparts for instance has a kit for just a rear or both front and rear. Also, which of these require special Land Rover fluids with friction modifiers vs just high quality generic fluids? My research tells me at the very least to buy OEM fluid for the differential(s). If anyone could shed some light or offer some advice it would be much appreciated. I don't want to go overkill or do anything early but also don't want to miss something I very much should be doing.

Overdue for:
Change rear locking differential oil (every 75k miles or 5.5 years)
Change transfer box oil; replace drain and fill plugs and washers (every 75k miles or 5.5 years)

Possibly needs:
Change transmission fluid and filter every 10 years or 150k miles
Change front and real axle oil (non-locking differential) every 10 years or 150k (does this apply to 08 S/C?)
Change engine coolant every 10 years or 150k miles
Spark plugs every 7 years or 105k (don't see a record of this being done before)
Change supercharger drive belt 7 years or 105k
Replace all flexible brake hoses (every 6 years). Front hoses were done as part of some service bulletin already, so if there are rear hoses of some sort those would likely need to be replaced.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1 Posts
I also have an 08 RR 4.2L SC at around 80,000 miles and would like to know the answers to these questions. If anyone would be so kind as to chime in. Thanks!

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
278 Posts
I have an older, non-supercharged version of your truck but I stick with BMW-introduced service schedules:
- Oil service: every 5k mi
- Inspection I service: every 30k mi (oil service, air filter, cabin filter) Note: depending on the climate/dust/pollen, I often change air/cabin filters annually regardless of the mileage.
- Inspection II service: every 60k mi (Inspection I service + spark plugs + fuel filter + all fluids in transmission, front/rear diffs and transfer case)
During every service, there's a comprehensive inspection of all components and anything else that needs to be addressed is taken care of. This worked very well for me, as most of my BMWs are well over 200k mi with no significant issues to mention. I expect my Rover to reach the same milestone with the service schedule as above.

·
Registered
177 Posts
so what did you do? how is your range... My 2008 hse with 149k is going well..
i just never did the transmission flush.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts