RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is it true that the RRS, or any RR for the matter, has uncoated leather?
I have an 08 RRS and I'm wanting to use Leatherique oil and cleaner on it annually. I'm thinking about using Zaino 'Leather in a Bottle' or Lexol for more regular cleaning, although I'm leaning towards just wiping it down with a damp cloth for regular cleaning.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OMG! My head is spinning from all this detailing stufff for a Denali and an RRS on the web! I have so many shopping carts opened up in my browser.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I believe the RRS has coated leather. You can easily perform a test by dropping some water on it...if it doesn't get absorbed, it's coated.

I used Leatherique's Prestine Clean to clean the leather and it worked well. I never got around to using the Rejuvenator since my leather was in good condition.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
lakbum said:
I used Leatherique's Prestine Clean to clean the leather and it worked well.
I tried that but didn't seem to get any real results on my ivory. Can you describe the procedure/tools you used? (What color leather?)

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had black leather so I guess the real question is did it really work as well as I thought...

As for the procedure, I sprayed the Prestine Clean liberally on the seats...waited about a minute and then used a leather brush (I think Swissvax sells one but its a rip-off but to give you an idea...I think I found mine on Autogeek) to gently agitate the leather. After I did that (you could probably let it chill for a couple more minutes if you want), I just wiped it down with a terry or microfiber cloth. I did this about once a month.

If your leather is extremely dirty, I imagine you would have to try the Rejuvenator but for light dirt and marks, it should take care of it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts