RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08 RRS got rear ended, fixed, but now -- Suspension fault "normal height only"

Could this be in any way related to the accident?

The San Antonio Land Rover dealership (and Caliber Collision) is saying that it is not related, that it is the air compressor and will cost a little over $1,000 to fix.

How would I know? Seems pretty straight forward - before accident - no error, after accident - suspension error.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Re: 08 RRS got rear ended, fixed, but now -- Suspension fault "normal height only"

Could this be in any way related to the accident?

The San Antonio Land Rover dealership (and Caliber Collision) is saying that it is not related, that it is the air compressor and will cost a little over $1,000 to fix.

How would I know? Seems pretty straight forward - before accident - no error, after accident - suspension error.
When you start the truck can you hear the compressor turn on for a brief period of time (around 20 seconds) then shut down? Can you raise or lower the vehicle right after startup but before the "normal height only" message appears? If the answer to either of these is yes, it is very likely your drier that is clogged. The drier is simply a coke can size canister filled with silica gel, that removes any moisture form the compressed air before it can enter the system and cause corrosion. Over time the gel can get saturated, and then it clumps together preventing the condensed air from passing through. This in turn causes the compressor to overheat and shut down.

The drier costs about $105 and is moderately easy to change--you do have to remove the compressor. As far as I know, even when just the drier is bad the dealer will replace the whole compressor. I posted a DIY about this a while ago, which you should be able to find searching on "normal ride height only".

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts