RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me again. To put it simple: if I kick the car down a gear or two it won't shift up until 78 mph. No faults, sometimes it works fine. It'll hang at 4k revs at 70 for as long as I let it until I knock the shifter to the left and manually shift it. I can put up with it but now that my girl drives the car primarily and I know she'll drive it for for miles revving to high hell without noticing. Anyone dealt with this? I know the fluid level is correct and fresh and the shifts are extremely smooth. Just seems like the car goes into sport mode and doesn't want to shift until I reach it's desired speed. Car shifts totally normal once I'm past 80.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: reset the transmission adaptations with a scan tool, did the procedure for the relearn aaaand... nothing changed. Actually it seems a little worse now. If I accelerate slowly it shifts normally but as soon as I get on the pedal it shifts down a refuses to shift back up once I'm off the pedal. It's driving me nuts! No codes or anything out of the ordinary.

Does anyone know if there is any way to disable the adaptive shifting? Only other thing I could think of trying is replacing the transmission control module or my front left tire.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE: Finally saved enough money to replace my front left tire and it fixed the issue. I had read another thread about this but since the OP had the wrong size tire I didn't believe I was dealing with the same problem, but I'm sooo happy. Honestly I hated driving it because I'd always hold a lower gear any time I needed to get on it and it just stressed me out. The tire wasn't bald, only about 2-3/32nds more worn than the other tires but it was enough to trigger this symptom. Just figured I'd leave this info for anyone else dealing with this.

·
Registered
256 Posts
lol....so a freakin tire with a little less tread caused this tranny issue/shifting? Thats crazy. Only in a RR

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seriously. Moral of the story is if one or two tires need to be replaced: just replace them all. I got the car with mismatched tires and I was just replacing them when they reached the cords or blew. Car feels totally different now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts