RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some interesting experience here in Mongolia.

I left my RRSC outside for whole day in -25 -30 celsius degree temperature.

When I come back turn on engine, it give me "REDUCE ENGINE PERFORMANCE" message on console screen.

Then engine rotation value at 0 and still engine started and some strange noise.

After 1-2mins, I turn off and on again, that time normally start engine.

Sometimes during drivering there many status light on, then I engine turn off and on then back to normal.

I understand there some bug in software something?

Sometimes "HDC INACTIVE" then many status light on etc., This problem happen very rare during my driving since this April, which is I bought vehicle from USA.

Balgaa

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
It sounds like you are getting the low voltage faults, when starting in the cold the battery power is low, and so the many sensors that report problems do not get enough voltage (amps) passing thru them, so they report the fault, and the BCM set's off a light. By restarting the computers now have had enough time to get a proper reading and clear faults. That is a good sigh that all is really ok.

Mark.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
The trouble is you wont know if its a serious fault as you may pass them off as spurious when they are actually real....

As already mentioned it sounds like it is battery related. Buy a better battery, the biggest that will fit in the compartment for a start, do Optima do a battery that's suitable?

The other thing you could do is fit a trickle charger of some sorts, this would be the ideal thing to do I would have thought. In those sorts of temperatures I would look at fitting a pre-heater for definite, even if it's an electric block heater to assist cold starting and warm up times. Read the "petrol & Pre_heater" thread.

Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts