RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Very pleased to have just picked up an immaculate 65k mile, 1 previous owner RR SC with a long service history, but I have a few small questions. I apologize in advance if these questions have been answered many times on this forum before. Furthermore, the questions I am about to ask do not appear to be in the owner's manual, but I may have missed it.

1) What are these (missing) lower grille things called? They are missing on my car for some reason, on both sides, and I am wanting to buy them to put them back. I believe they are supposed to have a black mesh pattern.

crhxx3Um.jpg

2) My passenger-side headlight seems to have fallen down. What is the fix for this problem? I assume I can't be the only one who encountered this problem.

ZtL4Lvem.jpg

3) My passenger side running board (I assume installed by dealer, based on previous owner) seems to a tiny bit loose at the back, I am still able to use it when going into the back (180 lbs) so it isn't hanging off or anything, but I want to correct this quickly before it becomes a problem. I included a picture of the underside of my car right near where the running board problem is, can you see anything visibly wrong? Is there a nut or clip that is visibly loose that I can't see? The other side's running board is rock solid.

YB4B39wm.jpg

4) While sitting in the back today, I wanted to use the rear cooled seats. Pressed the buttons to illuminate the two dots on both buttons, and turned the temp. selector (?) to the coolest setting. Then, I adjusted the fan setting to the fan symbol, because I wanted the most air. The seats didn't seem to cool down, if anything they seemed to warm up? Turned it off and the seats cooled back down due to the AC on inside of the car at the time. What buttons am I pressing wrong? Read the manual, couldn't find anything on rear climate control. How do I get the seat cooling to work?

lkCDui6m.jpg

Other than those little problems... I am very happy with my newly acquired Range Rover, the problems above are the only things wrong with the car right now too. This is actually my first car, I have loved Range Rovers since I was a small child, and I am pleased to actually have one now! Hope that my questions can be addressed, and I will provide additional photos if need be.

Regards,
Max

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
98 Posts
4) While sitting in the back today, I wanted to use the rear cooled seats. Pressed the buttons to illuminate the two dots on both buttons, and turned the temp. selector (?) to the coolest setting. Then, I adjusted the fan setting to the fan symbol, because I wanted the most air. The seats didn't seem to cool down, if anything they seemed to warm up? Turned it off and the seats cooled back down due to the AC on inside of the car at the time. What buttons am I pressing wrong? Read the manual, couldn't find anything on rear climate control. How do I get the seat cooling to work?

This is the only question I'm capable of assisting with.
Your year of Range Rover only comes heated rear seats- Cooled seats were not an option.

If you press the button once, you get high heat intensity (two red lights), if you press once more you will get low setting (single red light), press once more to turn off.
The dial that you turn to blue or red is for the temperature of the rear air control. The fan control on the right side is to control how much air comes out. BUT REMEMBER the rear air control is only operational if the light is illuminated above this button (picture below):
2007controls.jpg

Your rear heated seats however will work even if that light is not illuminated, just not the rear air control. Unfortunately no cooled seats, but the heating option is great during the winter months. You'll also grow to love the heated steering wheel.

No question is a stupid question- I nearly had to pull over just to help my parents figure out how to turn on the AC in the rear one time I drove them around.

And lastly but not least: Enjoy your new-to-you Rover!

·
Registered
98 Posts
1) What are these (missing) lower grille things called? They are missing on my car for some reason, on both sides, and I am wanting to buy them to put them back. I believe they are supposed to have a black mesh pattern.

I retract what I said before- I can help you with one other question.

I did a search on eBay and it looks like those lower pieces are called "bumper bezels," and also sold separately. And even more strangely- One side costs more than the other.

Here's the left: http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-09-Range...Model:Range+Rover&hash=item35e4316753&vxp=mtr
Here's the right: http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-09-Range...Model:Range+Rover&hash=item35e4317281&vxp=mtr
Search results: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...RS0&_nkw=07+range+rover+bumper+bezel&_sacat=0

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I retract what I said before- I can help you with one other question.

I did a search on eBay and it looks like those lower pieces are called "bumper bezels," and also sold separately. And even more strangely- One side costs more than the other.
Wow! Thank you very much for finding the bumper bezels for me, very helpful. Also, thanks for letting me know that my year model of RR doesn't have the cooled rear seats, that explains it. :razz:

Regards,
Max

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
One side has holes in it, one is solid on the bumper.

As for the headlight, Presumably it's AFS? Do you have a dash warning light?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thank you for telling me about specifics of the bezels. Yes, the headlight has the AFS, but no I do not have a dash warning light for some reason.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The ones "with holes" (where air can pass through) are for Supercharged models.
My HSE, on both sides, have filled holes where air isn't able to pass through.

Looking at your model of Rover, Schuler, you should opt for the ones with holes since you do have the Supercharged model.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking at your model of Rover, Schuler, you should opt for the ones with holes since you do have the Supercharged model.
Yes, I agree. Thank you both for researching the bezels, will order soon.

Regards,
Max

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
The ones "with holes" (where air can pass through) are for Supercharged models.
My HSE, on both sides, have filled holes where air isn't able to pass through.

I am aware. I was trying to make sure he didn't get HSE ones. I should have specified.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts