RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Backup camera has lines through the screen and weird colors all of sudden. I've searched some on forum but no issues match this. Connection problem? I dont know any advice be helpful thank you

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Not at all uncommon. Have you checked your connectors for corrosion and firm latching already?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
18 Posts
Sounds like the camera is on its way out. The camera on my 07 packed up about 18 months ago. It started just the same as yours and eventually the screen just went black. Replacement original cameras are huge bucks so l kept the original connection plug but cut the camera off and wired in a cheap aftermarket one. It was a fraction of the cost and the picture quality is much better that the original which was useless in the dark.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
18 Posts
The MY10 camera is an option but it isn’t a straight replacement. The positioning is different on the MY10+ models and therefore you have to move the camera over a few inches when replacing a pre-MY10 camera otherwise the angle of the picture is all wrong. I can’t recall for definite, but I think the connections are different as well. I don’t know where you are based but you can buy a genuine 2010 camera upgrade kit from Super Teaks in the UK. They can ship worldwide. Pricey for what it is though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts