Range Rovers Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Your alternator is rated to 150A. This switch is rated to 100A. If your battery is severely depleted, you could exceed the current rating of this switch as the alternator charges the battery.

There are plenty of options out there, but start with a unit that exceeds the capability of your system to charge or discharge the battery.
I never let my batteries get close to depleted
And it says max current 500 for 5 seconds.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Nothing to do with the switch. That message is legit, your range change is truly not available.
Ive had a similar message code on my L322, nothing to do with electric gremlins it was the intercooler hose that was split causing induction issues. Replaced the hoses and problem solved!
Take a good look at your hoses?
Very common!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
my brother's neighbor. fire started in the garage with a tender
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
my brother's neighbor. fire started in the garage with a tender
That’s horrible. What tender did he have precisely so I can avoid purchasing that one haha. Sad to say but beautiful pics of the fire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
There's no way a small 1- 2Amp smart tender could cause a fire. It's about the same current/power as a tablet or monitor adaptor. You leave your computer plugged in right?

If a high-amp (dumb) charger was left on to boil the battery to bits & then for some reason spark, it could ignite the H2 gas which is produced when you hammer amps into a lead-acid battery.
It's a good way to wreck a battery btw. They are organic beasts and don't like to be abused.

NOCO I'm a Genius G750
 

·
Registered
2003 mk3 4.4L
Joined
·
25 Posts
There's no way a small 1- 2Amp smart tender could cause a fire. It's about the same current/power as a tablet or monitor adaptor. You leave your computer plugged in right?
any device you plug into the wall can potentially have an internal fault, overheat and catch fire. I don't know what happened in this case, but maybe the tender was tucked in the engine bay (of a car prone to oil leaks). but, who knows for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
any device you plug into the wall can potentially have an internal fault, overheat and catch fire. I don't know what happened in this case, but maybe the tender was tucked in the engine bay (of a car prone to oil leaks). but, who knows for sure.
No issues using the new battery disconnect… Everything is working great
 

·
Registered
2018 L405
Joined
·
137 Posts
Nope. It works and runs fine without the battery switch. Land rover tested for errors and the car is clean

I think you answered your own question. Seems to be the switch.

Doesn't take a logic genius to figure out if the vehicle runs fine with no issues without the switch, and has issues with the switch installed, then it's most likely the switch that's causing you issues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I think you answered your own question. Seems to be the switch.

Doesn't take a logic genius to figure out if the vehicle runs fine with no issues without the switch, and has issues with the switch installed, then it's most likely the switch that's causing you issues.
Totally agree. More curious why it doesn’t cause issues on my 2011 SC
 

·
Registered
2018 L405
Joined
·
137 Posts
Don't know. Maybe the newer one's modules have better low voltage/amperage protection/recovery abilities...? ~shrug~
 
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Top