RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for Akebono pads and on their website it shows 1098 and 1099 for 2006-2007 RRS. For 2008 it only shows they work for Range Rover (not Sport)...

Did the pads change from 2007 to 2008?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
One would think to ask akebono about compatible brake pads. This way they can confirm and correct their website as necessary.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
It also depends on what you are looking for. Limiting your search to Akebono tells me you are looking for ceramic pads. Perhaps they do not make them for newer rigs or their site is flawed as noted above. However as you still have no rig info in your signature there is nothing detailed we can provide for your application

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry it is a 2008 RRS HSE 4.4L

I have sent them an e-mail, but I wanted to know if there were changes fro 2007 to 2008 in OEM pads so I can help advise them. Thanks.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
OEM? No, no changes for rear and no changes other than S/C vs HSE. SO you are looking for ceramics? Dear lourde why? Less stopping power in every day circumstances... I sure wouldn;t want someone with ceramics behind me in traffic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
OEM? No, no changes for rear and no changes other than S/C vs HSE. SO you are looking for ceramics? Dear lourde why? Less stopping power in every day circumstances... I sure wouldn;t want someone with ceramics behind me in traffic.
They just take a little getting used to. Almost no brake dust. I love them on my previous vehicles.

You will be fine with the part numbers you provided in the opening post. I just ordered the same rear pads for my 2008 RRS SC. Now looking for ceramics for the Brembo calipers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am very happy with the Ceramic Akebono's on my 2009. I was so sick of spending every weekend cleaning the wheels. Now, never have to clean the wheels. Stopping power ? Probably slightly better on the OEM, but we'll never truly know without a Motor Trend / Consumer Reports type test.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts