RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can source the mounting hardware for the factory brush guard for my 07’ L322? I bought my truck used a few years ago and it had a brush guard in the trunk. I was never a fan of the look or lack of functionality as it’s foam rubber so I never tried to install it. Fast forward a few years and multiple attempts to sell it I’d like to install it to mount some off road lights (yes more, haha). Unfortunately I only have the brush guard itself and no mounting hardware or instructions. I reached out to my local LR dealer and they said I had to buy a whole new guard for $1,000. Needless to say that’s a big nope! I don’t like it that much but seeing as it’s free a just sitting in my garage I’d see what I could do. Let me know if you have any ideas.......
CE57945E-25AF-4504-B9E4-CADDAC0182A3.jpeg

·
Registered
201 Posts
Nice rig! Well I would gladly take the brush guard off your hand the next time you "attempt" to sell it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
A little confused.....is it just levitating in the last pic or held in place with evil words? Anyway....mounting the main brush bar isnt rocket science nor does it take special bolts. But it does take four long bolts that will go through the holes you drill in the bumper cover. You also need to get the PDC kit that keeps the parking sensors from freaking out (about $40ish).

If you have the full protection bar with the wings that wrap around the corners, there is a small speciality bracket that fits behind the turn signals. The wings mount to the A bar from behind with 4 bolts each. You could probably do a little trial and error at Home Depot but the two speciality brackets for the wrap around bars are LR only.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A little confused.....is it just levitating in the last pic or held in place with evil words? Anyway....mounting the main brush bar isnt rocket science nor does it take special bolts. But it does take four long bolts that will go through the holes you drill in the bumper cover. You also need to get the PDC kit that keeps the parking sensors from freaking out (about $40ish).

If you have the full protection bar with the wings that wrap around the corners, there is a small speciality bracket that fits behind the turn signals. The wings mount to the A bar from behind with 4 bolts each. You could probably do a little trial and error at Home Depot but the two speciality brackets for the wrap around bars are LR only.
Haha, it’s just resting on the bumper in the pic thanks to the contoured construction. I was under the impression that there were brackets that needed to be installed behind the bumper cover and then drilled through. If anyone has the specs on the bolts (length, width, and thread pattern) so I could source them myself would be amazing!

I was originally holding off because I didn’t want to drill holes in the bumper so I could sell the old one when I have my winch bumper fabricated but I got a couple of scratches on it wheeling the other day so it’s fair game now!😂

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice rig! Well I would gladly take the brush guard off your hand the next time you "attempt" to sell it.
Thanks, much appreciated! I’ll let you know if I’m gonna sell it again depending on how this goes, lol!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was able to find the factory instructions. Looks like I have everything but the 4 long bolts and spacers. Does anyone know the length and thread pitch of those? I know it’s a 13mm head but that’s all I’ve got.

·
Registered
291 Posts
IIRC, they are about 10 inches long. Like I said, bolts are cheap and you can buy a bunch of varying lengths/sizes at Home Depot and find the correct one, then return the rest. The 4 straw like looking things are protective metal sheaths to prevent the long bolts from cutting into the foam. Its a great upgrade and really gives your rig a nice level of protection. Im saddened that LR doesnt offer it on the L405.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IIRC, they are about 10 inches long. Like I said, bolts are cheap and you can buy a bunch of varying lengths/sizes at Home Depot and find the correct one, then return the rest. The 4 straw like looking things are protective metal sheaths to prevent the long bolts from cutting into the foam. Its a great upgrade and really gives your rig a nice level of protection. Im saddened that LR doesnt offer it on the L405.

Thanks for the response. I realize I could go to a hardware store and buy one of every possible bolt that could fit and see what works but I’m trying to avoid the hassle and expense of that. I would literally have to get 30 or so bolts considering I have NO IDEA what diameter, thread pitch, lenght, or sleeve lenght it could possibly be. Thanks for the around 10” info, that helps narrow it down but I’d still have to get 30+ options which I’m not going to do. I want to make sure I have everything I need before drilling huge holes in my bumper and winging it.

If anyone has any info on the correct bolt and sleeve specs it would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thanks for the response. I realize I could go to a hardware store and buy one of every possible bolt that could fit and see what works but I’m trying to avoid the hassle and expense of that. I would literally have to get 30 or so bolts considering I have NO IDEA what diameter, thread pitch, lenght, or sleeve lenght it could possibly be. Thanks for the around 10” info, that helps narrow it down but I’d still have to get 30+ options which I’m not going to do. I want to make sure I have everything I need before drilling huge holes in my bumper and winging it.

If anyone has any info on the correct bolt and sleeve specs it would be much appreciated!
This will sound silly but $10 says it's metric which means Home Depot and Lowes here in the States will be a hard find. A true value or Grainger would more easily have what you need.

They look like they thread into the bumper itself, or at least a bracket behind the bumper. Take the truck and or bracket to the hardware store and see what threads in easily. Then order yourself nice stainless hardware once you know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts