RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont know what happened before...I tried posting this problem on Saturday but I guess it got deleted.

I have a 2006 Range Rover Full Size Supercharged

On Friday, my wife calls me and says her vehicle dies while she was driving it. When I arrive, I put the key in, start it and it runs fine for about 20 seconds, then it slowly bogs out and dies. I tried this numerous times,. and it runs for different periods of time before dying. Has anyone every experienced this problem, or know what may be wrong?!!

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Dont know what happened before...I tried posting this problem on Saturday but I guess it got deleted.
I am guessing user error. Other than your duplicate postings today there have been no deletions on your account.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,947 Posts
from the info provided the fuel pump may have failed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can start it and rev it and hold it at a higher rpm (2k) and it will stay running until I let off of the gas, then it slowly dies.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE: I had it towed to a shop on Monday. The tow truck driver left the key on all day, so they had to jump it off to get it in the shop last night. They plugged it up to a diagnostic computer late yesterday afternoon and said it had 15 codes thrown. Their plan was to start chasing down the problem this morning so they didn't write any down last night. When they plugged it back in this morning, there were NO codes. They have driven it numerous times today, with no problems, and no codes arising again.

any ideas?? ECU?

Is it typical for it to have cleared the codes on its own??

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
First thing that always springs to mind is a weak battery. A weak battery or poor connection will toss all sorts of codes and cause all sorts of grief.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts