RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy my first Range Rover ever. I have own the old 2001 Disco Series II but sold it and have always wanted to the Range Rover. With that being said.

What should I look for? I can't decide between the 06 SC and 06 non SC. Is one more reliable then the other?

Both are 1 owner vehicles which leads me to believe that they were reliable. I am trying to stay under 40k miles.

First thing is to look up service history. Second the air suspension to make sure it works. Sunroof should sit a little higher. Any other advice?

What are you guys getting for trade in's on these years? Seems like when I was looking back in Dec/Jan retail was running low 30's now they have jumped to mid 30's?

·
Registered
282 Posts
barrios35 said:
Looking to buy my first Range Rover ever. I have own the old 2001 Disco Series II but sold it and have always wanted to the Range Rover. With that being said.

What should I look for? I can't decide between the 06 SC and 06 non SC. Is one more reliable then the other?

Both are 1 owner vehicles which leads me to believe that they were reliable. I am trying to stay under 40k miles.

First thing is to look up service history. Second the air suspension to make sure it works. Sunroof should sit a little higher. Any other advice?

What are you guys getting for trade in's on these years? Seems like when I was looking back in Dec/Jan retail was running low 30's now they have jumped to mid 30's?
Get the SC - in my opinion, the non-SC version is underpowered (have a 2008 SC and a 2011 SC on order, so probably biased though).

·
Registered
160 Posts
Either one ,be aware that you need to buy extended warranty .
Good luck !

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,165 Posts
HSE if you're gonna offroad it. SC if not.

on here, i coulda sworn at one point, seemed like the SC owners reported the front end clunk noise going over speed bumps more often than HSE owners, but i think now we see that we all (LR3 owners too) get 'em eventually.

if it's got the PTI module, check to see if it's the original or if it's been upgraded. the upgraded one will get your contacts sync'd to the RRS.

check the service history to see which TSBs were performed. seat memory module, though it doesn't 100% fix the issue, is a minor annoying one that's nice to have done.

if there's any original warranty left on it, make sure you note the in-service date and verify any remaining warranty with LR before you purchase. extended warranty thru LR will cost way too much IMHO. better off with a 3rd party.

check to see if you get a full sized spare or a donut.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I traded in my 06 RRS hse for a 11 RRS hse lux a few weeks ago and got 27K. It did have a wreck in which the side airbags were deployed but it was mostly body damage. The car was perfect after it was fixed. They wouldn't have known if I didn't tell them. It had about 41k miles on it.

As for which sport to get I would recommend the SC if gas milage isn't a problem. My old hse seemed way underpowered compared to my new hse lux.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts