RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
Those look right. A recommendation, if I might: get a long handled magnet; the old plugs are deep in the head and often fall out of the socket. Makes the job super simple.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Those look right.
Is my computer monitor just bad? I can kinda make out the LR logo but how do you guys know those are not for a Freelander?

Wow Fat! You've got a V12!!! Bardzo Dobre!
If you've ever changed plugs in the dark ( i.e., near the Arctic Circle in the winter) you'll want to have some spares in case you drop a few in the engine bay. Trust me.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Something sounds a bit strange. That code search returns a Champion plug. The OE plug for the '06-09 is this one:

http://www.sparkplug-crossreference.com/convert/NGK_PN/IFR5N10

And that cross reference does not list THAT Champion plug--maybe EU is different IDK.

I'm pretty sure (at least here in the US) that the OE plug has "NGK" stamped on it somewhere.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
you could go to your neighborhood parts store and ask. But it is NOT that 1960 era AC plug (RN9YC)!!!!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
335 Posts
I did my own plugs around 70K if I remember. One key obviously is to take off the engine cover and also remove the heat shields on the side of the engine, that allows easier access.

Having said that, it's not as easy to get them all out as on other vehicles, particularly those 4 closest to the firewall as the angle is a bit awkward and you have to be careful not to bend the unit....however, with patience and gentle coaxing, it can be done. It took me about 2 hours to do them all...but I was being cautious not to break anything.

Probably easier to get your local independent shop to do it in my opinion for the next time around.

cheers.
PJ, what is the exact part # for the plugs? when doing a search, I noticed there are about 3 different plugs out there, want to make sure I use the righ one, thanks!!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
335 Posts
PJ, what is the exact part # for the plugs? when doing a search, I noticed there are about 3 different plugs out there, want to make sure I use the righ one, thanks!!
Never mind, goosey answered it in the earlier thread!! thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Frisco,

Do you mean the black engine cover or something below that?

You shouldn't have to take off anything else besides the black engine cover and the heat shields to make for easier access.
Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but how did you remove the heatshields? There is 1 screw at the top (easy) and 2 tabs at the bottom which mate to clips on the body. I don't see a release mechanism for the clips and pulling upward doesn't show any "give".

TIA

/alex

21 - 40 of 47 Posts