RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I am running the Proud Rhino SYA kit on mine. There is no place for the front limit straps to mount but the rears are same as the lr3-lr4.
FYI Bryce has found the same issue. However Erik at PR says that there is no issue with the front mounting point for strap (other than they don't provide hardware). They sent Bryce pics. Here they are to help you too;

RRSstrap1.jpg

RRSstrap.jpg

·
Registered
547 Posts
Not a lot but many are used offroad with just the addition of AT tyres and waterproofing the remote air intake into a snorkel.

This is the sort of mods we normally go too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-wC3uvXWmY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWYH1Qs3JAc

Misadventure 4wd has a great series of videos offroading a RRS.

Black Betty is no more - replaced with a Defender but it did have a few CV issues when heavy offroading at high lifts.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the front mounted limit straps on my RRS, I got bolts at home Depot for a few dollars, though I can't recall the size. A fairly easy matter fwiw. I'd love to know more about the arb lr4 fitment for sport SC (aux radiator relocation and trim) since I just ordered one a few days ago.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Update after trying to fit the 275/70/18(33.2") Cooper STT Pro's...well, they don't clear and there's lots of rubbing, EVEN with the LLAMS extra lift. Would definitely rub offroad between front of rear tires and rear lower of rear doors(tire lug tread is already touching rubber trim of lower rear door). Rubbing on the lower wheelwell section of ARB LR4 when in reverse and wheels turned. In highest LLAMS ride height setting (super extended mode) it's drivable, but I can't be driving all the time that high. Took it to the custom body shop for estimate to clearance everything and make it work; due to all the custom plastic welding to clearance/shorten/back to OEM look; ~$4500! Yikes, no thanks. So off the 275/70/18s came and on went new 275/65/18(32.1") Cooper STT Pro's. Tire size I should have gone with in the first place but I wanted to push the envelope--and I did, and now I have 275/70/18 STT Pro's with about 100mi for sale!
Very slight rubbing with the 275/65/18's on ARB lower in reverse, but they clear everywhere else. Not taken it offroad yet to fully check, but the 275/65/18s should be good. Lesson learned! Still looks aggressive with these 32s.

I have the front mounted limit straps on my RRS, I got bolts at home Depot for a few dollars, though I can't recall the size. A fairly easy matter fwiw. I'd love to know more about the arb lr4 fitment for sport SC (aux radiator relocation and trim) since I just ordered one a few days ago.
They got the limit straps sorted out.
ARB LR4 fitment isn't too horrible, just takes some new placement of the aux radiator and intercooler--straightforward.

NOTE; also had some clunking in tranny, harder and harder shifts...tranny fluid/filter/metal pan already done. Got worse after clearing TCU adaptations. They tracked it down to the solenoids in tranny/valve body. New solenoids in and OMG it's buttery smooth now!

Also have some loose clunking from front end over rough pavement. Seems the front swaybar bushings are shot. Some play in lower control arm bushings, but will have the swaybar bushings done first and see how much that helps. Always something!

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you can post any pics or further info on your radiator relocation it would be very much appreciated. I've got the bumper now and am hoping to get cracking this week / weekend.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
If you can post any pics or further info on your radiator relocation it would be very much appreciated. I've got the bumper now and am hoping to get cracking this week / weekend.
Sorry, only pic available. Zoom in and you can see them in front on top of each other;
ARBfront1.jpg

Output shaft seal leaking, having it replaced now. Also all 4 calipers got fresh black paint using the G2 caliper paint from TireRack.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Also have some loose clunking from front end over rough pavement. Seems the front swaybar bushings are shot. Some play in lower control arm bushings, but will have the swaybar bushings done first and see how much that helps. Always something!
Update on the front end clunk; new swaybar bushings (for A.C.E; active cornering enhancement) solved it. Truck feels noticeably more solid. But wouldn't you know it...a few days later I started hearing creaking (like an old ship) from the rear end when turning and going over bumps in the road. I'm told there's movement in the rear swaybar bushings, so will get those replaced soon too.

Also to note, we had the plastic rocker panels off for the body shop visit. Re-fitted them with the smaller tires, but the tread lugs rub on the vertical end of the rockers, so had to remove them and keep them off with these tires. The less aggressive tread of an all-terrain tire may clear them, but not these mud-terrain's. /:(

·
Registered
2 Posts
How is your project going? I have an '08 RRS Supercharged with the same lift kit from Lucky8 riding on 275/55/20 BFGoodrich KO2s. Trying to figure out what bumper to get in order to mount a winch next.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
How is your project going? I have an '08 RRS Supercharged with the same lift kit from Lucky8 riding on 275/55/20 BFGoodrich KO2s. Trying to figure out what bumper to get in order to mount a winch next.
Hi,

Been out enjoying it. Had the left front suspension airbag fail (and the Proud Rhino SYA kit saved me when the air susp went into full deflate mode. The kit helped clear these 32" tires), so had both front airbags replaced. I noticed front end looseness/clunks felt through the steering wheel when offroad over sharper rocks (sounds like it's up in the steering column), they found the front upper control arms had some bushing movement so had those replaced. Improved a bit, but clunks felt through the steering wheel are still there. Need to have that investigated more.

Still loving this ARB bumper!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Been out enjoying it. Had the left front suspension airbag fail (and the Proud Rhino SYA kit saved me when the air susp went into full deflate mode. The kit helped clear these 32" tires), so had both front airbags replaced. I noticed front end looseness/clunks felt through the steering wheel when offroad over sharper rocks (sounds like it's up in the steering column), they found the front upper control arms had some bushing movement so had those replaced. Improved a bit, but clunks felt through the steering wheel are still there. Need to have that investigated more.

Still loving this ARB bumper!
Oh wow, glad you had those spacers. That why I got the full kit instead of the rods because who knows what that air suspension might do. How much bite against the bumper do you get on those 32" tires? Mine still gets some occasionally on hard turns.

Yeah ARB bumpers are pretty cool. Did you end up putting a winch in?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Oh wow, glad you had those spacers. That why I got the full kit instead of the rods because who knows what that air suspension might do. How much bite against the bumper do you get on those 32" tires? Mine still gets some occasionally on hard turns.

Yeah ARB bumpers are pretty cool. Did you end up putting a winch in?

Yeah, I was glass too!
In reverse especially and full lock, the tires rub every so slightly on the lower ARB metal "wheelwell" deflectors, not on the bumper itself...also rub on the frame a little at full lock. I've gotten used to it.

Yes on winch, see post #19 on page1;
ComeUp Gen2 9.5; http://shop.comeupusa.com/p/seal-gen2-9-5n-naked-winch?pp=12
I already had brand new 3/8" x 125' synthetic line from a previous project, so this has been installed. Had a Factor55 ProLink from that other project, but they found it prohibited the ARB flip-down/up license plate holder from resting in the down position, and PDC would get angry. So removed the ProLink and going with the new Flatlink Multimount; https://factor55.com/product/flatlink-multimount-new/

·
Registered
547 Posts
Improved a bit, but clunks felt through the steering wheel are still there. Need to have that investigated more.
I only have the poverty pack so do not have the high priced ACE system on mine but I have heard its rubbers/mounts can cause the rattles but no personal experience.

However, what you now describe could be your steering rack tie rod ends - they wear out at about the same time as the control arms and show up as a rattle in the steering - quick, easy and cheap to replace.

If your upper mounts rubbers had gone, your bottoms would be well shot as well - I cannot recall if you have already had them done.

Glad to hear the car is going really well (y)

Garry

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I only have the poverty pack so do not have the high priced ACE system on mine but I have heard its rubbers/mounts can cause the rattles but no personal experience.

However, what you now describe could be your steering rack tie rod ends - they wear out at about the same time as the control arms and show up as a rattle in the steering - quick, easy and cheap to replace.

If your upper mounts rubbers had gone, your bottoms would be well shot as well - I cannot recall if you have already had them done.

Glad to hear the car is going really well (y)

Garry
Hi Garry,

The swaybar bushings are unique the ACE vehicles.
Tie rods and ends are supposedly still tight and no play.
Upper mount rubbers; can you explain further?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hi Garry,
Upper mount rubbers; can you explain further?
You said earlier "they found the front upper control arms had some bushing movement so had those replaced. "

These are what I was referring to. The bottom control arm rubbers normally wear out well before the upper control arm rubbers so if you have not done the bottoms that could be your current problem.

Garry

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
You said earlier "they found the front upper control arms had some bushing movement so had those replaced. "

These are what I was referring to. The bottom control arm rubbers normally wear out well before the upper control arm rubbers so if you have not done the bottoms that could be your current problem.

Garry
Oh, understood. No movement evident recently on the lower control arms, but on upper arms the rubber bushing insert(of sorts) had movement. Will have the lower control arms checked again here soon, thanks.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yes my front end rattles away and I will have to get my lowers done and hoping the tops are OK - it can get expensive if you have to do all the fronts and rears at the same time.

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
I would like to see pics of a side view to see the fit of the rear tires in the wheel well and maybe pics of how you 'adjusted' the body to fit the 32s in there. Also any skid plates you have under the front bumper. The current pictures look like your Sport is brand new and very well loved. Some trail pictures would be great too.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts