1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 HSE Tow Hitch & Wiring Harness - picking up boat asap and need help

Hello,

After doing many searches on here and reading about the size hitch/ball I need etc and then I found out I need the wiring harness as well. I came across this post http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/6-range-rover-mark-iii-l322/102778-trailer-tow-package.html and user CJD has given me a insight to look at my truck further.

After going outside just now and looking a 2nd time I see that I do have this connection that the post mentions.

Re: Trailer tow package

As Jerry said...all RR's have the hitch, but not all have the wiring. If yours does, it is a big ole' RV connector to the left of the hitch. Very obvious. Adding the wiring is done with a kit that runs around $170, and takes about an hour to install.

IMG_20140828_072647_755[1].jpg IMG_20140828_072524_242[1].jpg IMG_20140828_072455_624[1].jpg

This means my wiring is already done and I just need to buy the actual ball mount and ball correct? I have also read that the mount needs to be at least 11 3/4" for clearance reasons??

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2007 HSE
388 Posts
Re: 06 HSE Tow Hitch & Wiring Harness - picking up boat asap and need help

Yes, it looks like you have the wiring. The "very obvious" part is the bracket would be completely empty without the wiring connector.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yes, it looks like you have the wiring. The "very obvious" part is the bracket would be completely empty without the wiring connector.
Thanks, that's what I figured earlier.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I picked up my boat and trailer. The lights on the trailer are not working but they do when on another truck. Is there a fuse for the tow harness? Also, I am not using the round connector, I used the connector to the left with the 3 pins. That one should work, correct?

Also, I read that I should see a tow symbol in the dash, I don't see one.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
2007 HSE
388 Posts

I use the round connector with an adapter for my trailer (small utility). There are issues with LED trailer lights, so I suppose that could be an a potential problem. And yes, there should be a trailer icon lit up on the dash.

You can run by a trailer shop and have them test the connection. I think it's the right rear behind panels (opposite side of nav/radio) where fuses etc are located for trailer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I use the round connector with an adapter for my trailer (small utility). There are issues with LED trailer lights, so I suppose that could be an a potential problem. And yes, there should be a trailer icon lit up on the dash.

You can run by a trailer shop and have them test the connection. I think it's the right rear behind panels (opposite side of nav/radio) where fuses etc are located for trailer.

Thanks, where dd you get your adapter for the round connector?

I assume you bought something like this?
http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/9438

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

RV store. Sometimes U-Haul shops will have them, Walmart too. I took pictures of both ends so I'd get correct fitting for each end.

Thanks alot!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts