RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, a couple people mentioned on here that they were buying the supercharged grill for 03-05 range rovers that overlap the lights, to give it an 06 look. Only read one review on the grill from someone who purchased it, which was positive. Anybody else have this grill? and if so how do u like it? does it look cheap and is it noticible that it is overlapping the actual lights??

thanks

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
211 Posts
Wondering the same thing. Any links to a reasonably priced one? Couldnt find any on the Amercan ebay.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Won't the headlight wiper motors blow up???

·
Registered
127 Posts
the 2006 cars did not have a wiper arm so for the most authentic look the wiper arms should be removed
1; remove the pin that attaches the wiper blade to the wiper arm and remove the wiper blade, remove the fuse/disconnect the wire to the wiper motor to prevent the wiper arm from being used and scratching the headlight

2; the other option is to shorten the wiper arms and re drill the blade mounting pin lower down the arm

3; the final option is to totally remove the wiper arms, if you do this you could fit the blanking plates as used on the early hse models the part numbers are dhh000080 and dhh000090

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gooddfella said:
Wondering the same thing. Any links to a reasonably priced one? Couldnt find any on the Amercan ebay.
this is the one i was looking at from a UK company

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Powerful- ... ec0Q2em322

tried emailing them, but haven't heard back yet. may try and give them a call. Couldn't find anyone selling a similiar grille in the US, if you know of any let me know, definately save alot on shipping and conversion rate.

anyone have this?? any reviews??

·
Registered
13 Posts
check out the brunell grey/silver. it looks much better than the all silver one above. also, there's a tread on this somewhere that you can see pics (search for grills, i think). i own it and like it. good luck

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
mell0_2000 said:
check out the brunell grey/silver. it looks much better than the all silver one above. also, there's a tread on this somewhere that you can see pics (search for grills, i think). i own it and like it. good luck
Problem is you still gotta straight bumper without the dip!

·
Registered
121 Posts
OMG! that looks ghastly! If I had an 03'-05' I would leave it be. Looks worse than those fake fender vents people are putting on their cars. uughhhh.

Jeremy Clarkson would give this a thumbs down for sure. Dont cheapen the Rover, please.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i saw one in a car park with the overlap style above and it didn't even sit flat on the glass it really did look cheap and nasty although it may have been a bad one.

they also do grills for the 03 models that have the newer style mesh but are still square so don't overlap the headlights and look less offensive allow you keep the wipers etc but obviously you won't then be fooling anyone that you've got a newer car which the ones that overlap clearly do so well....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RANGE-ROVER-2002- ... 2558wt_939

I also think these are wrong; you buy a range rover and want to make it look like a mercedes?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RANGE-ROVER-L322- ... 682wt_1165

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had to buy it and try it for myself to make sure I dont like it. Was on for a day then took it off and sold it on ebay. The idiots who designed it couldve easily made it so it wouldnt stick out. Looks good at a glance but close up it looks cheap.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Gazellio said:
gooddfella said:
garioch43 said:
This dude does the 06 Supercharged grill for under £200.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT
I tried this kind too, looked even worse than the overlapping one. Just my opinion though.
I think your at the point where you need to break open the piggy bank at get a 2005 (2006MY) facelift model - highish mileage example for about 18-19k :think:
Hopefully within a year :thumb:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts