RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've had my l320 for about three years and have kept up with maintenance well. 138,000 miles now. Regular oil changes. Brakes, rotors as needed the basics are always done. New parts engine related include
(All within last 6 months)
Map sensors (Land Rover)
Maf sensor (multiples)
Alternator (denso)
Battery (94r deep cycle)
Rewired aux water pump
Replaced aux pump (Bosch)
Air filter
Spark plugs (ngk iridium)
Brake switch
Probably forgetting a few things as well.
So to start I have had P0171 for some time. Have went back and forth with lean rich codes both banks. P0171 always stayed.
So my reason for posting is my Aux pump went out a few days ago with reduced engine performance.
Replaced with Bosch pump rewired pump to correct + - verified wiring diagram and with dmm.
That issue is fixed. I still have reduced engine power message also hesitation (missing feeling) when under a load or right at cold start. So I just replaced spark plugs and maf sensor again today. No noticable change in missing feeling / hesitation. Rep. Ignition coils looked great when changing plugs. I have put heet and bg 44k in tank multiple times. I have an obdii scanner with live data. (Also before this issue when getting map sensors from dealer had it checked for updates seems as I am up to date)

I have plenty of tools and resources I am just running out of ideas. Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Let me add when rep comes on it does cut power down at least in half and gets a ridiculous amount of fan noise from engine. This may be normal for rep idk.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I am dealing with similar issue for 9 months. Gettin worse. What is your trims, fuel pressure
I assume you already checked for air leaks
I am getting just p0171 for one bank and misfires on 2-4-6 and 5th.

My car doesn’t accelerate over 50km without reduced performance
Maybe a leaking injector i have.
Will check at work intercooler scheme

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have yet to get adaptive fuel trims. Was avoiding dealer as much as possible. May result to me going though. I get an obvious miss now under load where as before I had a light lag initially on takeoff sometimes. It's now at the point if I don't drive very very lightly it misses bad and goes into REP. Codes haven't changed just p0171 p0056 now p0174 again as well. Leaning towards fuel or a sensor at this point. I have a full service shop to use although it's setup for heavy equipment I have most tools I need. I just checked a minute ago and now have p0098 iat sensor 2. Weather is getting colder so that may have helped this issue along.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So to update my issue. I now have a total of 5 stored codes as of today.
P0056
P0096
P0098
P0171
P2098
My question at this point is could this be a fuel ralated issue. I always run premium 93 octane so I don't think it's fuel directly cause I've refilled since with some bg44k added. But maybe a weak pump? Filter? Injectors? I'm just not sure that these codes would equate to those being faulty.? Intake leak I can't find? I'm at a loss. Could it be that all the mass air flow sensors I've had been faulty?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well on a whim, I tried a denso MAF sensor this time. No luck. It is going to a performance shop near me next week. Done with guessing so to speak. I'll update this post after the shop, hopefully rolling strong again and will be able to elaborate on the cause. Maybe help the next guy. Possibly Dyno it. Change up pulley, belts and tune as well. Depends on the cost to fix my issue I suppose.

If anyone can elaborate on P0096 or P0098 codes for iat sensor 2 or where this sensor is that would be very helpful.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well on a whim, I tried a denso MAF sensor this time. No luck. It is going to a performance shop near me next week. Done with guessing so to speak. I'll update this post after the shop, hopefully rolling strong again and will be able to elaborate on the cause. Maybe help the next guy. Possibly Dyno it. Change up pulley, belts and tune as well. Depends on the cost to fix my issue I suppose.

If anyone can elaborate on P0096 or P0098 codes for iat sensor 2 or where this sensor is that would be very helpful.
What’s your reading
Bank 1 and bank 2 ltft
And check intake air temperature
Compare intake air temperature on idle and under load and of course fuel pressure
Smoke test?
Exhaust smell
If you are getting little oily smell maybe you have a bad pcv or hose. The long one always fails

1 - 7 of 7 Posts