RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the 06' - 09' model year range, has anybody gone from an HSE to SC or vice versa, and if so, what are your impressions of each configuration. Plusses / minuses?:razz:

·
Registered
687 Posts
other than bigger brakes, slightly better road handling and 95 more horses, it's pretty much the same.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Other than lower profile tires, not sure wehre the better road handling comes in. Rest of the suspension is the same as HSE. Larger front brake calipers & pads and different rotors. And supercharger.

·
Registered
170 Posts
other than bigger brakes, slightly better road handling and 95 more horses, it's pretty much the same.
I've driven both and currently own a Supercharged. Trust me, those 95 more horses are felt on the freeway and puts a great big smile on your face. And the whine of the supercharger over the roar of that 4.2 is intoxicating. :thumb:

I can only imagine what those 500+ HP feels on the newer trucks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the 4.2SC. THe 4.4 felt slightly more torquey off the line, but otherwise they feel the same until the pedal meets the metal. My only concern on getting an 65K mile 08' is issues I've read about on the rear diff. Per dealer service records mine has had the drivers seat heat and motors replaced, steering column motor replaced, SC coolant circ pump replaced, all services done including 52K mile service, frequent oil changes, EAS compressor replaced, hood switch replaced, radiator replaced, battery replaced, and some other odds & ends. Nothing on rear diff.

I've driven both and currently own a Supercharged. Trust me, those 95 more horses are felt on the freeway and puts a great big smile on your face. And the whine of the supercharger over the roar of that 4.2 is intoxicating. :thumb:

I can only imagine what those 500+ HP feels on the newer trucks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Marlon - It sounds like you're getting a truck that has had most of the major work done. I test drove many over my 16 months of browsing Range Rovers. The experience of driving the supercharged made it feel like a different beast. My previous SUV would get up and go. The HSE's I test drove would get up and go if you needed to put your foot in it, but the SC leaps when you need to put your foot in it.

Choosing the focus on the SC also made my shopping easier because they come with most of the options by default. I ended up stumbling across a Westminster, which possibly has every option available except the vision package (not sure it was offered in MY08).

Have fun with your SC!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep - but I have to say that I don't hear a 'whine' at all - might take me some time to pick it out in the mix...

·
Registered
687 Posts
yep - but I have to say that I don't hear a 'whine' at all - might take me some time to pick it out in the mix...
you pretty much have to turn off any music and let it rev to 4+K to hear it properly, me on the other hand have my music on so loud i can't hear anything XD.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts