RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
FFRR05DUKE said:
PR4YME said:
What's different about them? Why upgrade?
The '05+ model mirrors are smaller and they actually look more aerodynamic on the Range Rover.
Your having a laugh if you think that changing the exterior mirrors will make it more 'aerodynamic' our Range Rovers are about as aerodynamic as a brick lol `)

But just so you know it is possible to fit the 05 stye mirrors to the 03/04 model my mate has done this on his Range Rover and he said its a straight swap.

Matt

·
Premium Member
2016 L405 & 2013 L405
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mattstevenson2005 said:
FFRR05DUKE said:
PR4YME said:
The '05+ model mirrors are smaller and they actually look more aerodynamic on the Range Rover.
Your having a laugh if you think that changing the exterior mirrors will make it more 'aerodynamic' our Range Rovers are about as aerodynamic as a brick lol `)

But just so you know it is possible to fit the 05 stye mirrors to the 03/04 model my mate has done this on his Range Rover and he said its a straight swap.

Matt
Thanks for the info but I didn't say that I was changing the exterior mirrors to make the Range Rover more aerodynamic. I'm only interested in the smaller aerodynamic LOOK that the newer mirrors have.

·
Premium Member
2016 L405 & 2013 L405
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mattstevenson2005 said:
FFRR05DUKE said:
PR4YME said:

Matt
I got the mirrors swapped out for the newer style mirrors...the fitment was a straight swap but the power function does not work on either side now. Did your mate hyave to do anything to the wiring to make the power function work? Neither of my mirrors will fold in now and the mirror adjustment doesn't work either.

·
Premium Member
2016 L405 & 2013 L405
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Old Mirrors…

CRB000932PUY
Front door - Outside mirrors - Mirror assy - W/power folding
W/memory Left - 2003-04 2003 - 2004
CRB001842PUY
Front door - Outside mirrors - Mirror assy - W/power folding
W/memory Right - 2003-04 2003 - 2004

New Mirrors…

CRB503510PMA
Front door - Outside mirrors - Mirror assy - W/power folding w/o auto dimming
W/memory Left - 2005-09 2005 - 2009
CRB503500PMA
Front door - Outside mirrors - Mirror assy - W/power folding w/o auto dimming
W/memory Right - 2005-09 2005 - 2009

·
Registered
144 Posts
I fitted the later style to the driver's side of mine as an interim fix a while ago. Functionality was fine, but oddly they don't seem to fold in as tightly as the earlier mirrors which caused issues when trying to squeeze the car through the garage door. I've now reverted to the original mirror.

·
Premium Member
2016 L405 & 2013 L405
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GKP said:
I fitted the later style to the driver's side of mine as an interim fix a while ago. Functionality was fine, but oddly they don't seem to fold in as tightly as the earlier mirrors which caused issues when trying to squeeze the car through the garage door. I've now reverted to the original mirror.
Yes, I noticed that they don't fold in as tight as the older style mirrors but I still like the look of the newer style. I just can't figure out why they are not functioning at all. I've checked the fuses and all seems fine. I've even disconnected the battery to see if it would reset but the mirrors are just dead. I wonder if it's something that the dealer will have to reset?

·
Premium Member
2016 L405 & 2013 L405
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, I found out that the new mirrors that I have were the wrong part number and missing the auto dimming option that was on my old mirrors. I decided to reinstall the old mirrors back onto my Range until I get the correct new mirrors that will match the options on the old mirrors. The problem I have now is that the old mirrors are not working anymore after I installed them. I've checked all fuses but they all seem fine. I've even disconnected the battery for a while but the mirrors still don't work after reconnecting the battery. Another problem I've noticed is that my front passenger window does not roll up anymore with one press of the switch like it should...it rolls down with one press but it won't roll up unless you hold the switch. Also the front passenger door lock is not working when I arm the vehicle. Does anyone know what's causing these symtoms :?:

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
101 Posts
I replaced the driver's side mirror of my 2004 L322 RR HSE with a salvaged 2003 L322 replacement mirror after I broke the original glass mirror. After the replacement, the mirrors adjust and will fold, but they will not remain folded; they return to the open position immediately. Does anyone know if there is a way to reset the mirrors so they hold their folded position? I suspect I may need the dealer to reset them.

Thank you for your help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts