RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently replaced valve cover gaskets due to oil flooding spark plug wells, had replaced 3 coils prior, now have blinking "Service Engine Soon" light and engine is missing, assuming it is a faulty coil, is there anyway to determine which has failed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks CJD, unfortunately the miss is intermittent, will the method suggested still detect misfire???

·
Registered
58 Posts
is there a misfire or only the oil sweat in case of a blocked PCV System(oil seperator)? See the other thread !

·
Registered
868 Posts
Thanks CJD, unfortunately the miss is intermittent, will the method suggested still detect misfire???
As long as it misses enough to trip the MIL, there will be a stored code you can read. Most of the time it will know which cylinder it is, but occasionally it just logs as which bank (left or right), if the computer can't isolate the cylinder. The only problem I have had with the codes is that once I had a mis due to a bad tank of gas. The computer would keep changing the cylinder it thought was the problem. I changed 3 coils before I figured out something was going on. A little Stabil and a fresh tank of gas and it was good to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts