Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was replacing the glass lenses on my 2004 L322 and reached in gently with a microfibre towel and wiped the chrome reflectors on the high beam - no problem, blew out the dust, looked great. Then I wipe what looked like waterspots off the low-beam chrome reflector ring and all the chrome came off with one wipe of my microfibre cloth! HOLY CRAP NOW WHAT???

I don't see any replacement reflectors anywhere - any suggestions? I couldn't find any other threads on this, your suggestions are appreciated. I looked at some on the used market and it appears mine isn't the first of this to happen to - happened on my left side headlight.

-Brendan

·
Registered
2010 SC 5.0 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2,045 Posts
that reflector materiel is from a deposited metal coating its done in an oven of sorts, if you touch it it can be damaged scratched or lift off, short of sparying the surface with some type of chrome paint you may hev to replace the reflector/ headlamp assembly

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
No. you'll need new housings or paint them yourself

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
51 Posts
That sucks... I found this out the hard way when I was trying to repair one of my side lamps... Ended up just buying a new one as there is no paint available that would even come close to the original finish.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
It makes no difference what you do as both sides would never match. You may as well do both sides and start fresh.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That would be really smart stuff if it lays down ok in that concave surface; the pictures are impressive. i put mine all back together as I have an EAS fault and a CDPLayer that don't work that are higher priority, but if this continues to bother me going forward i'll try the chrome vinyl; ive had success with similar vinyl solutions in the past.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts