RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

OK, i will try to explain as good as possible. I have a lot of electrical problems on my range rover l322.

First of all my radio unit dont work, the orange lighting on the volume knob dont illuminate, and i have been checking all modules in the rear boot with modules from a car with working radio. All my modules work in this car. I have also bought and tried with a new head unit with no luck.

I know there has been water in the front floor pan on my car, and i have checked all modules for water.

I have a weak illumination in the air suspension control when the ignition is off??? 8-0=

Another problem is i woke up one morning and my washer fluid pump was pumping for no reason in the middle of the night.

Also my electric steering collumn is allways working on the handle but not when i put on and turn of ignition.

I have some problems connecting to the comfort systems with the autologic, and i have checked the grounds that i can find in the engine bay, rear, and under the front carpets.

I really hope someone can help me. Im near giving up...

·
Registered
369 Posts
How long have you had the car? when did these issues begin? when was it last fine/ok? what was worked on since then? Do ou have the workshop manuals for the vehicle? I once had the issue with the radion but my vehicle is the 05 l322 , the amber light on the radio knob was blinking but no sound and it turned out to be the MOST Interface unit that had failed , cant speak to the other issues you are having ..

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
He has a 2003 TD6. By his screen name I am going to guess he is in Norway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good guess, im from Bergen Norway. So today i had a different tester connected, and i was able to connect to EAS, Instrument cluster and engine controls. All others will not connect to my tester. Also if i connect the headlight modules i loose the signal to instrument cluster. I think the can bus is the problem, anyone have an idea how to problem solve the can bus system???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you tested your battery recently? A weak battery on it's way out will result in all kinds of electrical witchcraft. I'd also check on the main vehicle harness. I'm not sure where it is located in your particular vehicle but most likely somewhere down the middle or sides of the vehicle. Water ingress here can be a nightmare of epic proportions. RR have taken a rather shoddy preventative effort to restrict water in important places but it does occur over time. If your main harness has water in or around it, you may have to pull out your seats and pull up the carpet flooring to expose the harness and dry it out if you can. I'm not saying this is your issue but so many things going wrong in a short time frame is unusual but not uncommon. First test battery, cant stress that enough. Failing sunroof drains can also cause water to seep into electrical switches, relays, wires, and all kinds of odd places. This happened on my 06 RR and resulted in some brief electrical misfortune. Once it subsided I fixed the left side sunroof drain running along the left A pillar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a completely new battery. I've dryed out the car completely, the wiring in the floor was completely under.... I think there is a Canbus problem somewhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a completely new battery. I've dryed out the car completely, the wiring in the floor was completely under.... I think there is a Canbus problem somewhere.
You may have to bite the bullet and take it to the dealer for a diagnostic scan. They charge $150 I believe, but that scan should at least be able to rule some things out if not pin point the issue. If you've already checked the fuses, battery, and bypassed all the audio components (including the CD changer, as this also runs on the MOST ring), then I would take it to a dealer for a scan. Even if they cant locate issue, they may most likely be able to rule some things out. I'd also mention that you're a member of RR forum and that your issues are made known on an online thread. I've done this before, it seems to me to hold the dealer accountable. After all the last thing a business wants is negative publicity online. Just my 2 and half cents, for what it's worth.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, I have a really good scanner im using, so no need for dealer at this point... Most of the faults its finding is Can Bus related....

·
Registered
8 Posts
The codes i've pulled. I get No connection to most of the modules..

CAN bus issues are beyond anything I have ever experienced or have first hand knowledge about. I would recommend taking it to somewhere where they have an advanced lab scope for the CAN network unless you have this already. They will be able to see live data by plugging in the DLC breakout box to monitor the data packets and communications between the computers. They could pinpoint a potential fault. I personally know very little on this, only what I've heard or read which isn't a whole lot. Dealers and some specialized shops will have equipment and expertise to deal with CAN bus testing. I'm in Canada, we have a store for aftermarket electronics called Visions here. They deal with MOST ring, CANBUS and other computer and electronic products for vehicles. If you're in the States, there will definitely be some store like this. They will be much cheaper than a shop or dealer. That might be worth a try if all else fails.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts