Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read on a few other sites about a software upgrade for 03-05 L322's that changes the specifications for the EAS such as the pressure the compressor operates at and relaxing the max compressor operating temperature before an error is triggered.

Does anyone have any further information on this software upgrade, what it specifically does, which vehicles it is needed on, and how to determine whether it has been applied to a particular vehicle.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Answered my own question via RAVE but thought I would share for others. Per RAVE:

External Pressure Relief Valve
On vehicles from VIN 106310 onwards, the maximum system pressure was reduced from 13.7 to 11.8 bar (199 to 171 lbf/in2) with the introduction of a new level of software for the air suspension ECU. For systems running with the higher operating pressure, a relief valve in the air supply unit protects the subsequent components in the circuit. The relief valve in the air supply unit became redundant with the introduction of the lower maximum system pressure, so an external pressure relief valve was introduced to maintain protection.
The external pressure relief valve is installed in the air pipe between the compressor and the reservoir, in the front right corner of the spare wheel well. If the pressure of the air from the compressor increases to 12.3 bar (178 lbf/in2), the pressure relief valve opens and releases excess pressure to atmosphere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts