RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a lot of my local gas stations have put up signs saying that they are now selling a “biodiesel blend” in in all of their diesel outlets. I assume this is a bio diesel 5% mix though it does not say. Has anyone had any experience with this blend or any biodiesel blend? I’m wondering if I should go out of my way to avoid it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’ve burned lots of the 5% bio blend in my 3.0 Touareg with 115,000 miles. The good thing about it is it has better lubricity than straight diesel.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve burned lots of the 5% bio blend in my 3.0 Touareg with 115,000 miles. The good thing about it is it has better lubricity than straight diesel.
Thanks! Looks like they claim a 5 - 20% biodiesel blend. I filled my tank with it this morning. We’ll see how it goes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Looks like they claim a 5 - 20% biodiesel blend. I filled my tank with it this morning. We’ll see how it goes.

BTW, I finally found a source suggesting no more than a 5% blend of biodiesel for the TD6. I’m going to go out of my way to stick to that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
I haven't used it yet as it is scarce in my area. Very scarce.

There is a place in the city have has various grades of fuels E85, Bio, etc but I rarely am in that area and the last time that I was the traffic was just not worth it.

http://biodiesel.org/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts