RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ‘93 Country LWB that had been converted to coil springs quite some time ago. It sits at stock ride height. I need shocks and I can usually figure this stuff out on my own but, I can not figure out if shocks for regular coil sprung Classics will work. Any time I search for parts, it asks if it has air suspension. I realize that the EAS models had more travel but, that extra travel is no longer needed so my question is, can you use shocks intended for a regular coil sprung RRC in this case?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Google it
There is tons of post about shocks out there
I have. I’ve searched this forum as well but, there is a lot of conflicting info out there. That’s why I came here to ask. If someone on here has experience with this, I’d really appreciate any info that might help.

·
Registered
294 Posts
My example came with coils std so I've not the comparison you have.

But the rears I believe are the same as the axle drop at full extension didn't change for the two systems.

The front I belive had different mount points, the air system making it necessary to fit the damper in parallel to the spring. The coil system has the damper concentric and internal to the spring.

So if yours has had coil shock and spring turrets fitted as above ( damper running inside spring centre) to convert, you'd need coil system type dampers.

I use Bilstein dampers because I feel the wheel control is a really good match for coils on this chassis.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My example came with coils std so I've not the comparison you have.

But the rears I believe are the same as the axle drop at full extension didn't change for the two systems.

The front I belive had different mount points, the air system making it necessary to fit the damper in parallel to the spring. The coil system has the damper concentric and internal to the spring.

So if yours has had coil shock and spring turrets fitted as above ( damper running inside spring centre) to convert, you'd need coil system type dampers.

I use Bilstein dampers because I feel the wheel control is a really good match for coils on this chassis.
Thanks!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Mark633CSi
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing