RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Picked up my ‘19 SVR fully loaded and in Flux Metallic (if anyone wants to see pics let me know). So I have an iPhone XS Max running the latest iOS. I stream Apple Music. I usually don’t bother closing my background apps.. leave them open. Usually only have one music app open at a time though (if that matters). Here’s my issue:

When powering on the vehicle, and picking my audio source as Bluetooth, sometimes (most of the time) it’ll totally freeze my Bluetooth connection on the car. It’ll show a song and play a second then it won’t let me change to next song, use phone, unpair the phone, etc. My iPhone shows the Bluetooth connection as dropped... the Range says it’s connected. If I try to just power cycle the car even with screens turning off, it’ll still be stuck on the same “song” on the Range and won’t let you do crap.

If I turn off the car, get completely out of it and wait 5 minutes and go back in... then it drops the Bluetooth freeze and I can go about deleting the phone and repairing it only to have it to do the same thing.

So I took it into the dealership naturally. They checked the software and Bluetooth modules etc and said I’m on the latest version of everything. Then the other iPhone people paired their phones and everything working fine. One of the reps suggested I close all my background apps and do the process over. Miraculously, this worked. I was able to pair it and play songs as usual etc. So it makes me think there’s some app I have that is interfering. Has anyone else had this problem?

I’m not an app closing type of guy (know a lot of people who are constantly swiping away their background apps... I’m not one of them). I guess I have no choice until I know what app is causing this...

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
weird. I don't have this issue but a conflicting app makes sense. I assume all your apps are up to date, too. FWIW you don't seem to be the only one, and it doesn't seem to be car specific...
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8565369

I hate to say it but maybe a complete phone reset would help...

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you haven’t unpaired and then paired the phone again it might be worth trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you haven’t unpaired and then paired the phone again it might be worth trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. Tried all that... may just go with strictly CarPlay for now and forget the Bluetooth since that doesn’t seem to have the same problems... Opened a ticket with Apple on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, the same here, IPhone XS is extremely unstable with my 19RRS. The only advice based on my experience so far- sometimes you would need to wait 15-20 seconds befor it reconnects after starting the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So after playing around a lot I think I found the culprit... Apple’s own Music app. Since I only stream or play music stored on it, I tried deleting Apple Music entirely off my phone and using only Spotify... after multiple trips short and long, it pairs with Spotify just fine and starts auto-playing without a hitch either via Bluetooth or CarPlay.

Apple Music not only caused Bluetooth issues described above but eventually caused the same freeze to CarPlay so that workaround didn’t work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts