RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Beautiful! Congrats!
The only thing that bugs me about the new SVR is the exhaust pipes being worked into the bumper like that. It was such a sporty look on the prior models and now it's very e-class. Otherwise I love the CF hood and everything else.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
470 Posts
Stunning! Regretting pushing mine to 2019 now.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,148 Posts
Congrats! If I recall this is your third SVR now?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes indeed. I briefly had a black one, then a blue '16, and now this blue '18.

This one was ordered in late October '17, so I waited a little over 5 months.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congrats on the truck. Beautiful color combo.. Does the exhaust sound any different to you as you have had the other years?
Also curious if you feel any power difference ?
Should be picking up new truck this week myself.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Congrats on the truck. Beautiful color combo.. Does the exhaust sound any different to you as you have had the other years?
Also curious if you feel any power difference ?
Should be picking up new truck this week myself.

I also have an 18. Overall the vehicle is much better but I find the exhaust too tame now. It's still sporty at high rpms but at low to mid rpms is much quieter. Okay before maybe it was a bit childish but that was the charm. I think they tamed it too much. I'm curious if there is a way to disable the valve all together.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Very nice SVR! Haven’t seen one with the exposed carbon fiber hood on the streets yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sweet. Love that color. Aren't the new electronics awesome. I got the heads up display as well which is awesome.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
45 Posts
Wow, that is stunning! Congrats! :dance:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stock door sills are in aluminum with "Range Rover" text, not illuminated.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I also have an 18. Overall the vehicle is much better but I find the exhaust too tame now. It's still sporty at high rpms but at low to mid rpms is much quieter. Okay before maybe it was a bit childish but that was the charm. I think they tamed it too much. I'm curious if there is a way to disable the valve all together.
That's a good summary of the situation. It's definitely quieter than the previous version and more difficult to get crackles. However I am OK with it, as the previous version was a bit gimmicky and had a muffled sound. When I do hear crackles in the '18 they have a sharper sound that I prefer. I just wish there was more of it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sweet. Love that color. Aren't the new electronics awesome. I got the heads up display as well which is awesome.
The heads-up display is markedly improved. More info, and a better color (whitish vs. amber) makes it more visible.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts