RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -

Opportunity to buy a ‘13 Sport has come up. I’ve currently got 2 Rovers - an ‘02 P38 4.6 HSE and a ‘90 Classic 3.9. Daily driving the P38 and she’s been wonderful but she could use a break.

2013 RRS Supercharged Limited Edition
(Santorini Black/Black)
101,000 miles
New engine installed ~500 miles ago (previous owner overheated engine, mechanic purchased car and replaced with new engine & is now selling)
Mechanic offering 6 mo warranty + 3 free services

= $23,000

Thoughts? I’m inclined to go for it. I’ve been looking for an LR4 (‘10 - ‘13) to make my DD but this opportunity seems too good to pass up and the Sport better suits my lifestyle (P38 is lifted on coils with winch & BFGs, Classic is a beach cruiser with lockers and 33s, just a girlfriend & no kids). Mechanic has serviced car since nearly new (prev owned locally by 2 doctors who spared no expense)

Thanks,
MM

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
32 Posts
Make sure the timing chain tensioners have been done

·
Registered
2013 Range Rover Sport
67 Posts
I would verify the engine swap. Assuming it's a reman engine sourced from a rebuilder. A new engine from LR would be close to 30k for a short block.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I would verify the engine swap. Assuming it's a reman engine sourced from a rebuilder. A new engine from LR would be close to 30k for a short block.
Yeah, I second that. I had my engine replaced beginning of 2019, price tag is $28,000 (covered by CPO) and new Transmission installed in September.
There is no way "New" Engine was installed and truck has price tag of $23K

·
Registered
535 Posts
The only thing, I believe $28K was the complete engine with heads. Dealer had to carry over a superchager, AC compressos, Alternator, Starter, fuel injectors, not sure about spark plugs - will find out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts