Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a 2006 v8 4.2l range rover sport supercharged, and its been heating up lately. The issue is not a normal one here its as if the car is possessed. So the water in the water/coolant tank rises up and stays against the lid/cover of the tank when the car is idle for 5-12 hours. Then when I take it out for a spin it starts heating up after 5 minutes of a drive. I have to pull over, loosen up the lid and let the water out, then unscrew the smaller screw to let the air out, then fill it back up, screw both the cover and the screw back on, and then drive it for hours without a problem, until the car is idle again. The water rises up again and the cycle repeats itself. I have recently changed both the radiators. I have changed the hose that carries the water from the water tank to wherever it carries it. There are no leaks visible or water puddles under the car. The gasket is fine otherwise the car would be spewing the water out every 5 seconds. The thermostat is fine too. The only thing remaining is the water pump. So please any help on this matter would be highly appreciated. I have been to the mechanics every single morning of the past week and I’m exhausted now. Nobody seems to understand or know what the problem might be. I could take the car to the land rover’s facility but that’d put me on bankruptcy.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
970 Posts
Probably a good idea to pressure check the cooling system. I think you can also start the engine when you have 5 or 6 pounds of pressure and see if it rises which would indicate a compression leak.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably a good idea to pressure check the cooling system. I think you can also start the engine when you have 5 or 6 pounds of pressure and see if it rises which would indicate a compression leak.
Thanks brother. That is actually a good idea and I’ll get it tested the next thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.