I've been watching youtube videos by Automotive Breakdown regarding Range Rover ownership. I appreciate his enthusiasm for the brand, but at the same time he does put a bit of fear in me about "surprises" and costs. Do you RR owners out there find his comments to be accurate?
I've just had my first breakdown with the RR - it would crank well but not start and IIDtool told me it was insufficient pressure at the filter.
For some reason I incorrectly diagnosed the problem to be the main fuel pump in the tank so I proceeded to remove the upholstery under the seats...
I have looked and looked and looked and I'm out of ideas. Here are the symptoms:
1. Gear shifter won't go into park
2. Tach is dead
3. No power to fuses in auxiliary panel for AC components (3 fuses)
4. Warning light cluster lights up intermittently
5. No power to AC high pressure switch
Ok, so recently had the transmission reconditioned as well as having a new air compressor fitted, so for the whole of 3 days the car was running beautifully!!
Went on a short motorway journey, approx. 100 miles in total, parked up for the night and that was it.
Woke up in the morning to find...
Ok Rangie has had new fuel filter and new low pressure fuel pump and been fine until today driving along and just died wouldn't restart have had a few electrical gremlins of late stereo issues working intermittently fog light fault on dash then when you switch it on the light works and the fault...
What could have gone wrong when:
Start the 2006 RR Classic SC in access mode.
1. Put in reverse
2. Put in drive
3. Begin rolling, the air suspension alarm chimes while air compressor begins,
4. The dash messages that normal ride height only
5. The navigation screen reboots and the...
I am buying a used 2006 Range Rover HSE sometime this summer and I have some questions related to the vehicle. Some of these questions are fairly random so bare with me:
- I have read so many times that Range Rovers are unreliable and "break down" all the time, so...